Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 06:11 PM   #1
h22lude
AF Newbie

Unhappy alarm keeps messing up!!please help!car cant start!

I have a cliford intel guard 700 system in my car. I have to type a code after i unlock the car with the key button thing, then i have to type in this code after i start the car. Lately it keeps messing up and the code wont shut it off, so the car wont start. Ive found the main unit, a black clifford box under my dash close to the steering wheel and i thas a big plug witha bunch of wires. I want to disconnect the system so i dont have to deal with it, i dont know if i should unplugg that or not that seems to simple and i dont know if it will mess up the alarm sytem any worse. PLEASE IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING BOUT THESE SYSTEMS TELL ME. Right no my car cant start cause of the messed up alarm and when its not working i cant start it and my brake lights flash so i had to disconnect the battery so it didnt get drained. This is a big pronblem i wont this shit disconnected. So please tell me if any of you know how to do it.
h22lude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #2
rotaryrocket
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

the passlock is probably engaged which is why it wont start due to the alarm, in which case you can look up the pass lock location and there should be a little black box there, and in it there is some resisitors and diodes, if any one of the resisitors or diodes are going bad then you need to get them replaced, due to how it works, it the alarm has to read a specific ohm rating +-1 to 2 ohms from spec. so the best bet would be to look up what your passlock ohm rating is and then test the passlock dissable box (installed with the clifford alarm) and if it is off, all you need is a new passlock box.
rotaryrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 06:44 AM   #3
bustedratchet
AF Regular

Re: alarm keeps messing up!!please help!car cant start!

I ripped a system out of my sister-in-laws car for the same reason. It wasn't too hard start at the box(s) follow the wires out. Some wires are tied into the vehicle wires,remove them tape them up. Other wires are spliced into the system where the vehicle wires are cut and connected to the alarm. You should be able to color match these wires and put them back together. I would solder these wires and then tape them up.
bustedratchet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical