Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > 156
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 07:44 AM   #1
macAlfa
AF Newbie

Squeky seats

Hi to all

My 2003 156's driver's seat (leather) has become very squeky since I bought it new only 30 days ago. I've tried some leather conditioners, but it only works for a day, and then the noises start again. It is driving me up the wall........... any suggestions???? I'm going crazy!!!

Regards
AlfaMac
macAlfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:48 AM   #2
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
What sort of squeaks????? Is it like the leather squeaking or is it coming from within the runners and lumbar adjustments of the seat???

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 07:55 AM   #3
macAlfa
AF Newbie

Leather Squeking... but real bad. Especially from the contact between the seat and the central console, and the armrest connected to the driver's seat. I sure hope it is not from the seatframe. Now you got me worried. But the lubrication of the leather seat worked.... if only for a day... now it is even worse.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:11 AM   #4
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by macAlfa
Leather Squeking... but real bad. Especially from the contact between the seat and the central console, and the armrest connected to the driver's seat. I sure hope it is not from the seatframe. Now you got me worried. But the lubrication of the leather seat worked.... if only for a day... now it is even worse.

So what you are telling me is that the leather is rubbng against the center console an squeaking well it sounds very unusual and quite frankly you should have it diagnosed by the local dealer- it is unlikely to be the seat frame as the seat frames of the 156 are extremely strong- I have not had any similar problems with my leasther seats. but now you mention it- my dad had a similar problem inhis Honda Accord- he nevcre bothered sorting it out though- personally I suggest you just try listening to the heart y induction noise of your 156 and trying not to give the squeak any attention

Old 05-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #5
macAlfa
AF Newbie

Thanks for your advice Jimster:flash: but it is just the real BAD sort of squeking that really drives you up the wall, not the sort of noise you expect in a brand new luxury car. And the dealer also got no advice. I think I should go out this weekend and buy one ton of that "Wynns Leather Creme" and really soak the seats in it. (Do you know the product?. What's the best stuff?). Maybe that will help.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:52 PM   #6
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Quote:
Originally posted by macAlfa
Thanks for your advice Jimster:flash: but it is just the real BAD sort of squeking that really drives you up the wall, not the sort of noise you expect in a brand new luxury car. And the dealer also got no advice. I think I should go out this weekend and buy one ton of that "Wynns Leather Creme" and really soak the seats in it. (Do you know the product?. What's the best stuff?). Maybe that will help.

If it's leather cleaner/softener you want- then I really can't help- all I use them for is cleaning the seats- I use Meguiars Leather wipes for that

Old 05-24-2003, 06:28 PM   #7
AlfaRomeo156
AF Newbie

My car squeaks, only when you go over a speedbump, but its something inside the car... doesn't really bother me

.:|: 1999 - 1.8TS Alfa Romeo 156:|: Personal Website:|:ICQ - 328951777:|:.
AlfaRomeo156 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > 156