Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Summit
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
Infinitrium
AF Regular

91 Eagle Summit any good?

I'm looking for a cheap small, fuel efficient car and I happened to see an ad for a 91 Summit on a local auction website. The ad didn't give much detail about the car, but it did say it's a 5 speed silver 4 door. That would be the sedan, right? The ad does say the car needs some body and exhaust work but it didn't say how much. I emailed the person selling the car just a few minutes ago to see how much work it does need. According to the ad, the head gasket and clutch were replaced 2 years ago. How reliable are these cars? I've always been wary of older Mitsubishi products, so I need to know if these things are money pits or not. What kind of fuel mileage could I expect to get out of this car? Gas is currently $1.049 per LITER so I need something that's miserly with fuel.
Infinitrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
timex129
AF Newbie

Any Good?

I currently own a 93 Eagle Summit (Coupe with a 1.5L motor). I've haddent have any problems with the car in the 2 years I had it, except for an altenator that I replaced last summer. Over 11 years on the stock one is good in my books. And a little bit of body rust due to where I live in Ontario. I get really good fuel milage. I drive 40 k's a day to and from work everyday, and a tank will last me just over 2 weeks depending on where I get gas (an of course driving conditions). But I drive mostly city. The motor has about 210,XXX k's so I'm not complaing. It gets me to and from work. Hope this helps for ya.
timex129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:40 PM   #3
MazdaManiac1136
AF Newbie

Re: 91 Eagle Summit any good?

my friends father has one and just took it off the road last year its a 92 and has body rust because we also live in ontario. So if you can get a good look at the body and its good go for it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Summit