Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #91
haloed666
AF Newbie

A Prelude? We must be talkin' some seriously tasteless or desperate chicks here! lol
haloed666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #92
challenger72rt
Banned

Hoping to explore the conversation, while not initiating conflict, the problem muscle cars had/have with handling is that the factory used to use rubber bushings, and polyglass tires. A remodified muscle car with modern tires and poly-urathane bushings has MUCH better performance in the curves than what left the factory. Tricks like relocating the battery into the trunk helps balance out weight distribution, too.

With the mods done to my Challenger, I have 52/48 front/rear weight distribution, .98G's on the skid path, and pump out well over 500HP. Now, I went all out, so most muscle trying to retain their stock tin and looks might not go so far out, but it IS possible.

I participate in slalom and do quite well. Although most members have Miata's and Hondas, one guy has a 911, and he does well, too. I took him for a run with me and he was quite impressed.

So before returning this thread to it's original concept of "chick cars", I just wanted to say my peace. As for Chick Cars, my wife has a 1999 Hyundai Accent, and it's pretty girlie.
challenger72rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 05:15 PM   #93
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt
Re: prelude, ultimate chick car?

proove it. documents and dyno charts
91300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #94
challenger72rt
Banned

Re: Re: prelude, ultimate chick car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91300zxtt
proove it. documents and dyno charts
Christ on a crutch...how 'bout I just take a photocopy of my hand flipping you off? There's your document!!

I'm giving a statement, and facts/evidence to back up the statement (bushings and tires) then gave a personal experience to further back up the statement.

Now if you seriously have nothing better to do than flame every post I make, then you really need a hobby!

You asked for proof of the 'Cuda, and I gave it. I've established my credibility. At this point, you take it, or leave it..hell, shove it up your @$$, for all I care.

It's just too bad that you're able to hide behind a keyboard, cuz it'd be a helluva lot easier just to run your POS against my Dodge. Shut you up by shutting you down. Heck, I don't know why I even bother, cuz you're just gunna come back, and instead of staying on the topic of the conversation, you'll have to make more pathetic insults and comments against me. Maybe this is your way of dealing with your inferiority complex from being bullied in school. Ah, the safety of the internet, eh Poindexter? The cool guys in High School with the muscle cars gettin all the girls, while you hadda ride by on your bike. Home for your Friday night Scrabble game with the folks. You hate them, don't you? Feels good taking it out on me...meanie muscle car guys. ban them. BAN THEM!!!! Those bastards.

Maybe you should watch Dr. Phil. The healing starts from within.
challenger72rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #95
91300zxtt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 91300zxtt

HAHA chill out bro all i said was let me see the documents not hey your gay.
91300zxtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:59 AM   #96
Auto_newb
AF Enthusiast

Wow, I think he had a heart attack or something... well, he ain't coming back and that's for sure...
Auto_newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:50 AM   #97
canuck_cruizer
AF Newbie

Preludes aren't that bad, really. Well, the older ones don't look nice, but the later models weret so bad. I race them with my 5.0. I hate the sound they make with the big cans on the back tho.

I'm only new here, and dont want to get into trouble since I read the rules and regs, but is it really right for someone to say "chill out bro all i said was let me see the documents not hey your gay."

I read all of the posts and that muscle guy really got off topic, and was pretty aggresive, and even used a hateful word, but for somebody else to sound like using the word 'gay' is a big insult is pretty bad, too. I thought we lived in a new world where racial slurs, and homophobic terms were in the past. It's pretty hypocritical to say to ban someone for using an Asian slang word, then sound homophobic like it's ok. Can't we all just get along? Accept each other?

Even this thread is insulting to Prelude drivers. Saying it's a "chick car" insinuates that the men who drive them are "feminine". I drive a Mustang, so does that mean I'm more macho than the guy up the street with a Prelude? ok, I AM, but that's another story

I agreed to follow the rules, that said I can be myself and have fun, but don't insult other members, and be respectful. I was a lurker here for a little while, and decided to join, and have read a few posts that were making fun of other people, or insulting them. I think maybe some of the members who have been here a while need to go back and read the rules agaoin, cuz maybe they forgot them.

"meanie muscle car guys. ban them. BAN THEM!!!! " hehehe that sounds liek Jason from Home Movies.

btw..how do I use quotes from other people?
canuck_cruizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 AM   #98
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
I can see this post is becoming a lil heated and I don't really want to piss off anybody with my opinions. I find, however, that most preludes where I live are the last generation and all have a sort of off purple bluish color that can look femanine. I also notice that the majority of prelude drivers are women. so what? I also notice the majority of Celica drivers are women but I wouldn't look at a male driver any differently. Lastly I believe that with the right mods a prelude can look just gorgeous and pretty unisex

and to Crazy Canuck if you want to use other ppls qotes, at the bottom of everybodys post on the right corner there is a "reply w/quote" button which does the trick.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 12:55 PM   #99
canuck_cruizer
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX
and to Crazy Canuck if you want to use other ppls qotes, at the bottom of everybodys post on the right corner there is a "reply w/quote" button which does the trick.
Hey thanks RsX! While surfing today, I found this ad

http://cudaworld.com/adDetail.asp?ca...id=0&ad_id=692

the seller mentions that the cudas are selling for near 2 million dollars, and I saw a few other sites that mirror the same thing. Looks like that guy was right. He should have just posted the links.
Old 07-17-2004, 04:00 AM   #100
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: prelude, ultimate chick car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck_cruizer
Hey thanks RsX! While surfing today, I found this ad

http://cudaworld.com/adDetail.asp?ca...id=0&ad_id=692

the seller mentions that the cudas are selling for near 2 million dollars, and I saw a few other sites that mirror the same thing. Looks like that guy was right. He should have just posted the links.
huh? how is $550K near 2 million dollars? I think 'Cuda is famous because of Nash Bridges. Good luck to the moron who'll spend that much for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challenger72rt
It's just too bad that you're able to hide behind a keyboard, cuz it'd be a helluva lot easier just to run your POS against my Dodge. Shut you up by shutting you down. Heck, I don't know why I even bother, cuz you're just gunna come back, and instead of staying on the topic of the conversation, you'll have to make more pathetic insults and comments against me. Maybe this is your way of dealing with your inferiority complex from being bullied in school. Ah, the safety of the internet, eh Poindexter? The cool guys in High School with the muscle cars gettin all the girls, while you hadda ride by on your bike. Home for your Friday night Scrabble game with the folks. You hate them, don't you? Feels good taking it out on me...meanie muscle car guys. ban them. BAN THEM!!!! Those bastards.

Maybe you should watch Dr. Phil. The healing starts from within.
Been watching Karate Kid lately? You're what, above 30 right? And you feel like you have to justify yourself to young kids you don't even know, by decreasing your mental age? Whoa... I thought people usually climb UP the maturity ladder. Since you rarely post, is this is what you call a worthwhile response? I am also intrigued that your Challenger has 52 front/48 back distribution, impressive, I am sure that's why some members here asked for proof. However, it's still obvious why I'd rather get a Honda S2000.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:37 AM   #101
canuck_cruizer
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: prelude, ultimate chick car?

[quote=Z_Fanatic]huh? how is $550K near 2 million dollars? I think 'Cuda is famous because of Nash Bridges. Good luck to the moron who'll spend that much for it.

the 550K is for a 440 Cuda. The HEMI cars are what are going in the millions. The ad mentions this, which is why I posted the link. Not that it's necessarily true, but there are more than just one person who believes this, apparently.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:46 PM   #102
want a supra
AF Enthusiast

the v6 mustang, probe, neon, and volkswagen. but not the toyota celica most girls i know think there ugly....but lets not for get about the honda del sol.
want a supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:19 AM   #103
ExtreemATV
AF Regular

i will have to agree that they are a girls car, because

a honda is like a tampon.

every girl has one
Old 08-09-2004, 02:21 AM   #104
Z_Fanatic
AF Enthusiast

dude, unless you're a girl, that's disgusting. and disgraceful to all the people who own Honda-engined cars and motorcycles.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #105
ExtreemATV
AF Regular

Quote:
Honda-engined cars and motorcycles
it was mainly aimed at honda car drivers not at the moterbike drivers

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General