Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
View Poll Results: Fav. sports car?!
'Maro and 'Bird 6 37.50%
Stang 3 18.75%
Evo 5 31.25%
Duh an SUV to run over them ALL!! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 09:27 PM   #151
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
Can't we all just get along?
Quote:
We're just having a freindly discussion here.
Were jsust chattin about cars LOL.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:16 AM   #152
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mikegee
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcatkin
I'm not dising your Japanese stuff either, but just think befroe you talk, because I can find cars that will perform right with if not better then the EVO, and don't by any means compare it to Italian cars for road handling because it can't win.

thats all fine and dandy. we are just tring to prove that japan has made a quility sports car that handles great and out run alot on the dragstrip and a road course. motortrend has proven that the evo out handles the m3 it out accelerates the new gto. with less horses and less cost. if all your muscle car can do is just beat the evo then how is that special. true winning is winning even by an inch or a mile. but if a stock 4 banger is right behind a corvette on a drag strip like 13.1 vs. 13.25.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:19 AM   #153
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Allow me to introduce you to the ZL1 Camaro, it was built in 1969 and still to this day their hasen't been a more powerfull muscle car ever built. Not your EVO for certain, would you consider 2 seconds faster just a bit faster then your EVO turd, this is a Chevrolet Camaro, I do believe that is American muscle and not a jap beer can. And it puls the same on the skid pad and yet has more power, of course with the old type front suspension and steering it does understeer horriblby, but then most of the front wheel drive cars do too, so now it handels better and gets you there faster. Plus it beats you down by 2 secs in the quarter mile, it of course is not cheaper, but is 30 years old. You should do a comparison on that, how meny EVO's are sitting in a junk yard after 30 years as compared to ZL1's, whitch by the way only 50 were ever built. These were very special cars, and not everybody could afford one, but they mean much more to American history and most American car people then that damn EVO ever will. http://musclev8.freeservers.com/zl1.htm

it means more to the american history surely to each his own is due here i am an american i mush rather reserch the history of the skyline being made first as a sedan of lux. for an emperor. and who cars if it means more to american history then an evo every will....... so what!
Old 12-13-2003, 09:25 AM   #154
mikegee
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

[quote=dcatkin]Here are just a few specs on the F50 does your EVO kill this also, GENERAL
Make Ferrari Model F50
Engine Layout mid-engine/RWD Price $500,000
ENGINE
Type 4699cc V-12 Power 513bhp @ 8500RPM
Torque 347ft-lbs @ 6500RPM Redline ??????

what only 513 horses from a 12 cylinder thats 42.6 horses per cylinder. and please tell me that torque rating is wrong.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:12 PM   #155
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_80
Yes lets compare the Evo to the cobra. For only 5000 dollars more than the lancer you can get a gas chuging, poor handeling, overwight, unreliable, lump of iorn that has been using the same outdated frame since 1978, and what do you get in return an extra 0.15 second in the quateer mile. WAHOOO don't you feel dumb. that Lancer will still be racing long after your Stang is demoted to lawn furnature. By the way for that extra 5000 dollars you could easly turn that Lancer into an 11 second car, so stuf that up your muffler, if it has not already fallen off.
As far as the now tire argument goes the problem with the muscle car lies in the fact that their wheels were too slim, hence bad engineering. And I have seen muscle cars on modern rubber and they are still slow off the line. (bad weight distrabution) Granted the wheel width can be fixed but like any tuning that costs alot of money.
Quote:
This is what I mean
For hell sakes is your evo 30 years old, will you evo even be around in 30 years, I think not, being the fact that these cars are designed to last 5 years, I don't just mean the evo, I do mean all economy cars. Your next bitch will where do your facts come form, well it was on a fox news report, your dearly beloved JDPowers did a study and dicovered this. Not that I care what JD says, I think it's possible that thay may have some bought off people in their organization also. And I agree that Ford motor campany could do a bit better job with their cars, but that's still not saying that your evo is better, because it's just a resurected junk yard orniment that sombody saved from the crusher as far as I'm concerned. Your lancer is just another big corn covered lump of shit as far as I'm concerned.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:41 PM   #156
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegee
thats all fine and dandy. we are just tring to prove that japan has made a quility sports car that handles great and out run alot on the dragstrip and a road course. motortrend has proven that the evo out handles the m3 it out accelerates the new gto. with less horses and less cost. if all your muscle car can do is just beat the evo then how is that special. true winning is winning even by an inch or a mile. but if a stock 4 banger is right behind a corvette on a drag strip like 13.1 vs. 13.25.
Quote:
You still see tail lights only

The L-88 Corvette ran low 12's in the quarter mile, will your evo run 180 mph all day long like the Vette does in the road circuit, races like the Lamans where in has to keep up, why isen't it there, possibly because it can't keep up, that would be Corvettes and Ferraris that win that race usually. Lets not mention other races like the Indy 500, you don't see your beloved evo there either do you, so tell me other then ralley, where is your junk yard wonder, and as to the BMW M3, I've never been really sold on those things, I used to repair them for a living. I think BMW is just a little over bragged.

Heres a list of things to race you evo against.
#1 ZL1 Camaro 11.30 ET .97G on the slid pad.
#2 ZL1 Corvette 11.25 ET .97G On the skid pad.
#3 GTO Judge 12.50 ET N/A
#4 Buick GS Stage III 12.35 ET
#5 Z06 Vette 12.30 ET.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #157
Reaper106
AF Newbie

I thought this was a Muscle car forum, Evo's? It is not just about speed. The sound alone from an American V8 is awesome. The Hot rods do it with class. Not just a tin can with wheels, and a fast 4 popper.
I cant see how people can even compare the 2, It is a completly different world altogether.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #158
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Look here stupid if there is not a 2003 Camaro then why does conversionxtras.com sell parts for them???? You really are an idiot if an import fan has to teach you about your own car. Try actualy reading about somthing before you go arguing about it on the web. You say that you have lost all respect for me. Good I would not want respect from you anyway. Who looks stupid now???

PS rav440 you are just as stupid as he is. No I take that back you are dumber because this had nothing to do with you.
Quote:
Listen here idiot
There is no 2003 Camaro period said and done the end. If you know a damn thing about the Camaro, then you would know this EVO-BOY, and boy is what I mean. Why don't you just write Chevy nad ask them about it, I gaurantee that there is no 2003 Camaro, it pissed me off to no end when Chevy announced the 2002 wiuld be the last year fopr Camaros. Stay where you belong boy, with the import guys. You Obvously know nothing about the Camaro.

Last edited by dcatkin; 12-13-2003 at 05:31 PM.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:42 PM   #159
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper106
I thought this was a Muscle car forum, Evo's? It is not just about speed. The sound alone from an American V8 is awesome. The Hot rods do it with class. Not just a tin can with wheels, and a fast 4 popper.
I cant see how people can even compare the 2, It is a completly different world altogether.
Thank you, I've been waiting for someone to say that.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:46 PM   #160
Reaper106
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMAN
Thank you, I've been waiting for someone to say that.
No prob, Anytime
Old 12-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #161
Reaper106
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lets slay some ricers!

Quote:
There is no 2003 Camaro period said and done the end. If you know a damn thing about the Camaro, then you would know this EVO-BOY, and boy is what I mean. Why don't you just write Chevy nad ask them about it, I gaurantee that there is no 2003 Camaro, it pissed me off to no end when Chevy announced the 2002 wiuld be the last year fopr Camaros. Stay where you belong boy, with the import guys. You Obvously know nothing about the Camaro.
2k3 Camaro? WTH is he talking about? I belive DC is correct.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:49 PM   #162
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hahaha

Quote:
Since you are that dumb I figure that the only way that you will ever accept that there is a 2003 Camaro is if you buy one. (www.rampchevy.com/deal-camaro.htm) No that is not a miss print, order it yourself. Look at the VIN and that will be your proof.

Press Release taken from the GM.COM website.
http://www.68rscamaro.com/2002news.htm
Camaro/Firebird on Hiatus After 2002 Model Year

GM Celebrates Muscle Cars' Last Year of Production, Closes Site. Therese Facility

DETROIT - General Motors Corporation today announced that 2002 will be the last model year for the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird. The Ste. Therese, Quebec plant where the vehicles are produced will close in the fall of 2002.

According to John G. Middlebrook, GM vice president and general manager vehicle brand marketing & corporate advertising, the combination of significantly reduced demand in the regular sport segment - which has decreased by 53 percent from 1990 to 2000, due in large part to the increasing popularity of trucks - along with the substantial excess manufacturing capacity in the industry made this decision unavoidable.

Middlebrook said GM is celebrating both cars' significance as American musclecar icons in 2002.

"The Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird have truly become an integral part of American culture over the years," said Middlebrook. "We appreciate the strong emotions that our customers have for these cars and we're pleased to be celebrating them with a 35th Anniversary Edition Camaro and a Collector Edition Firebird Trans Am special edition models."

Although Camaro and Firebird have always had focused appeal, both Chevy and Pontiac will continue the tradition of providing performance vehicles with high value. Next year, Chevy will introduce the SSR. Pontiac will also continue to offer excitement with performance powertrains, including the supercharged Grand Prix GTP and Bonneville SSEi and the forthcoming Vibe GT.

GM will continue to support the millions of Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am owners with replacement parts, reproduction parts, accessories and technical support through its Service Parts Organization.

General Motors of Canada Limited president and general manager, Maureen Kempston Darkes said, "Closing the Ste. Therese Plant is an extremely painful and difficult decision. GM has worked very hard to identify a new product or other alternative to continue manufacturing at Ste. Therese. However, despite several years of intensive work, we have been unable to identify any viable alternatives.

"We are committed to ensuring as smooth a transition as possible for our people. Almost all of the 1,065 employees currently on-roll at Ste. Therese are now eligible for retirement or will become eligible within the next few years. In addition, virtually all of the 380 employees currently on lay-off will similarly be eligible for retirement. The GM of Canada benefit package is extensive, with income continuation for up to three years for affected employees. We are committed to working closely with the CAW and the Quebec and federal Governments to put in place retraining and other transition assistance programs for those that want to continue their working careers."

The Ste. Therese, Quebec plant opened in 1965. Over the years, it has produced a variety of car models, including the Chevrolet Monza, Pontiac Grand Prix and Chevrolet Celebrity. It has been the sole producer of the Chevrolet Camaro and Pontiac Firebird models since 1993. The plant currently operates on one shift.

General Motors (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, designs, builds and markets cars and trucks worldwide. In 2000, GM earned $5 billion on sales of $183.3 billion, excluding special items. It employs about 372,000 people globally.

GM also operates one of the largest and most successful financial services companies, GMAC, which offers automotive, mortgage and business financing and insurance services to customers worldwide.

GM is investing aggressively in digital technology and e-business within its global automotive operations and through such initiatives as e-GM, GM BuyPower, OnStar and its Hughes Electronics Corp. (NYSE:GMH) subsidiary.

Old 12-13-2003, 05:01 PM   #163
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Re: Still laughing

Quote:
We are still laughing at your stupidity.

=you (potty mouth)
http://www.68rscamaro.com/2002news.htm

Look at the URL Jackass, I think that GM knows when their car lines come to an end better then your parts dealers, just one more step up in the idiocy people will display. If you look and learn, you will only be laughing at yourself. The Camaro did end in 2002 without a doubt, well as far as GM says, and I tend to think that thay would know. Unless you know more about GM then thay do, in which case you'd better go buy it, or at least get a job there. But we don't have to worry about that since you don't know more the them.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:10 PM   #164
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

There is no 2003 Camaro.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #165
dcatkin
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
I am tired of playing website tag with you the FACT still remains that the Evo smokes any SS ever made and no misprint, or playing with words can change that fact. And since the Camaro is DEAD (unfortunetly) that will never change. Is there a 2003 Camaro I don't really care if not great, if so the Evo will still leave it in the dust on ever track in every test, do I think that the Camaro was a great car for the money? Yes. Do I think that it could ever match the Evo in head to head racing or street proformance? Not a chance. Prove me wrong. Just go ahead and try. You are fighting a war with no ammo, you have nothing on the Evo not skidpad not 1/4 mile not slolom not brakeing not even close, not even with the SS which costs more than the Evo. Go ahead try playing website tag with that, I will just keep quoting the real sources, like Motor Trend, and Road and Track. Don't cry for an extra aprox 18,000 dollars you can get a z06, it is a fair match for the Evo (faster in the 1/4 but slower in the slolom and 0-60), but you loose the back seat. So go ahead and argue with me some more I love making you look stupid. (it is not hard) Even if America made a buget supercar today they still could not compare to the Jap-spec Lancer RS which is cheaper, lighter (by aprox 400lbs), and more powerful than the US Lancer. Yea you keep trying to bash imports in your little world, but I live in the real world.
Quote:
Allow me to add Jackass
Your beloved EVO will not beat a Camaro down in any real test of endurance, speed, handling or any other facet of the racing world, so just quit making an ass of yourself and admit it, bring that EVO on over and race a real Camaro or Corvette or Challenger for that matter, for hell sakes your pitting a 270HP turd against a real piece of American metal with no less then 435HP, and that's just advertised HP. If you know a damn thing about how that works, you'd realize that printed HP is usually lower then the acctual power. The L-88 Vette dynoed @ 550HP, And the 302 Camaro that was rated at 290HP, but dynoed @ 400 HP, the ZL1 Camaro was rated @ 435HP but dynoed 650HP, so don't tell me how much your EVO does, when I know better.

Last edited by dcatkin; 12-14-2003 at 01:14 PM.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical