Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 11:07 AM   #1
RestingSRides
AF Newbie

First Ever Handicap Accessible Classic Car

Hello Forums,

This is my first time posting on these forums, although I have been a lurker for quite some time. I wanted to share today an ongoing project that I知 working on. I知 currently in the process of building a modern car around the chassis of a Jaguar Mark IX. I知 a huge fan of classic cars and I love the style of the Mark IX, but I wanted one that has up-to-date internals and since you obviously can稚 buy one like this I知 building my own.

This car will also be very unique because once it痴 done it will have an automatic lift attached to it which will allow me to lock in, lift me up, and operate the vehicle directly from my wheelchair! I知 almost positive that this is the first classic car to ever feature an automatic wheelchair lift. I知 very excited about this project and I have been documenting the build progress on my YouTube channel which I値l be sure to link below this post. If you have any questions or suggestions for the project I would love to hear some feedback because I知 always looking for new ideas on how I can improve the vehicle even more!

The Jaguar Mark IX Project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOjMlQzaXfY

You can also check out some of my other cars in my collection here - https://www.restingsrides.com
RestingSRides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 AM   #2
supermec85
AF Newbie

Re: First Ever Handicap Accessible Classic Car

It will be great if you can do so. You are doing great job. Best of luck for your project.
supermec85 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
car , classic , custom , handicap , jaguar
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General