Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
vrossi85
ABSOLUTModeling

Hobby/Model Shops in Taiwan?

Hi, just wish to ask if anybody knows of good hobby shops in Taiwan? Especially in Taipei or Taizhong area?

Ro

http://absolutmodeling.blogspot.com

Current project
Ferrari 248 F1
Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder
vrossi85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 AM   #2
cyberkid
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hobby/Model Shops in Taiwan?

In Taipei there are a couple that are worth visiting. I'll give you both the english and chinese addy's.

MPK= 1F., No.331, Sec. 5, Yanping N. Rd., Shilin District, Taipei City, Taiwan
萬品館 = 台北市延平北路五段311號一、二樓
Professional store with fair automotive selection... Owner (male in late 40's) speaks fair English and very willing to help. Not much aftermarket stuff here though.

Wannien Department Store = 3F-4F., No.70, Xining S. Rd., Wanhua District, Taipei City, Taiwan
萬年百貨 = 台北市西寧南路70號
There are about 2 or 3 stores that sell plastic models, and about 4 or 5 that sell diecast etc... Prices here arn't the cheapest but you get the best selection. English speaking: I'm not sure.

If you're coming to Taiwan soon.. (or here already I may have the time to show you around) PM me if you need the help.

Steve
NEW TO THE AF MODELLING FORUM? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST
AF Car Modeling Tutorial, How-To and Product Review Depository
AF Car Modeling Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] - * Look here first! * ver2.0
And finally,I wish you all happy modeling
cyberkid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cyberkid For This Useful Post:
Kezzatazzie (03-28-2017)
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
vrossi85
ABSOLUTModeling

Waoh thats great information! really appreciate that! Well you mentioned that MPK doesnt have much aftermarket details, do you know where else sell alot aftermarket parts? Thanks!!

Ro

Current project
Ferrari 248 F1
Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #4
cyberkid
AF Enthusiast

Honestly, I would suggest looking in WanNien. There are a few stores there that have some aftermarket stuff.. but unless its Crazy Modeler, I get most of my aftermarket stuff overseas. The CM has a good dealer in Tainan, but this is all done over the internet... prices are better too lol.. Really depends on exactly what you are looking for.

There is this tiny store about... a 20 or so minute bike ride from WanNein that has a whole lot of aftermarket stuff.. but he is NOT cheap. about... 5-7US dollars difference on the more expensive PE 'deluxe' sets. You even have to make an appointment to get in there lol.

Steve
Old 11-11-2008, 05:40 AM   #5
vrossi85
ABSOLUTModeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkid
Honestly, I would suggest looking in WanNien. There are a few stores there that have some aftermarket stuff.. but unless its Crazy Modeler, I get most of my aftermarket stuff overseas. The CM has a good dealer in Tainan, but this is all done over the internet... prices are better too lol.. Really depends on exactly what you are looking for.

There is this tiny store about... a 20 or so minute bike ride from WanNein that has a whole lot of aftermarket stuff.. but he is NOT cheap. about... 5-7US dollars difference on the more expensive PE 'deluxe' sets. You even have to make an appointment to get in there lol.

Steve
Oic.. Well i will try WanNein when i get over there. Well, another question, roughly how much does a kit generally cost over in Taiwan?. Taking for example, Tamiya Ferrari Enzo kit? thanks!!

Current project
Ferrari 248 F1
Old 11-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #6
cyberkid
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrossi85
Oic.. Well i will try WanNein when i get over there. Well, another question, roughly how much does a kit generally cost over in Taiwan?. Taking for example, Tamiya Ferrari Enzo kit? thanks!!
MPK's online store lists the kit:
Yellow: 910NT = 27.52US
Rossa: 960Nt = 29.04US @ current rates
The newer and more popular kits from Tamiya are roughly 1000NT or so. Older kits like the S2000, Z8, Super 7 are anywhere from 250~600NT.
Side note though: MPK will be cheaper than WanNien 80% of the time.
Shi-men-ding, where Wannien is located is a huge hot spot and prices tend to be a tad higher than other places.
If you can read chinese here is the MPK's online store url:
http://www.ebusiness.com.tw/cgi-bin/mpk/shopping.pl
Just enter what you are looking for in the top left search box and hit the button... At least that will give you an idea of the prices here.

Steve
Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #7
vrossi85
ABSOLUTModeling

Thanks alot man! Its really useful to me. I really hope to go taiwan soon to visit the store myself.! THanks once again

Roland

Current project
Ferrari 248 F1
Old 02-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Entau
AF Enthusiast

Hi guys, i'll be going taipei next week, i'm staying at Wan Hua District.

since i'm going with my company's colleague & only have limited time, i guess i'm only able to visit the Wannien Department Store,

what time does they open usually, so that i dont go too early or too late
Entau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Averion
AF Regular

Hello every one!

I know this thread is abit old, but I like to share with you guys some stuff I bought from taiwan, and also a bad experience maybe you guys could avoid.

Firstly, thanks to this forum, I headed out to both MPK and wan nien.

MPK..!! haha, I was in shilin night market, and took a cab from there( ard 100nt ~ USD3.44) 5-10mins ride.

and yes, they do carry some cars, but not a very fascinating collection, however, they carry ALOT of aftermarket PE by A+club, some by s27, and hobby design. They also carry quite a selection of car specific paints, like the lambo pearl yellow/orange, lexus silvers, toyota 86 orange etc etc...

I managed to buy some flocking which apparently I couldn't find in my LHS in singapore, an airbrush(1520nt USD52.29), airbrush quick release connector(135nt USD4.64) and some pearl powders(90nt USD3.10).

Very cheap imo. The taiwanese doesn't yield to bargaining, as they believe instead of wasting energy bargaining, they would rather list the cheapest price they could sell.

Next, Wan nien.

I was very excited to head into wn. Its level 4 is probably the modeller's heaven in taipei. After coming up from 3 storey on the escalator, on your most left, at the corner of the building, there's this shop, they have so much models, and their collection is so strong imho, it is hard to even walk around. there's a small chair in every model alley for you to reach models that was stacked on top. And it was here. that i found what I had been hunting for, for the past few months. The fujimi 288 GTO deluxe(with photoetched parts).

Well, lets call this shop, shop A. The GTO was retailing at 1600nt USD55. Quite a fair price I would say.

However I had thought of scouting the nearby shops if I could find the GTO at a cheaper price. I came into this other shop which sold it at 1320nt USD45.41. I thought to myself probably, shop A's prices are before discount, and they mark up all their prices.

Went back to shop A, asked if I could get a discount for the 1600nt kit, and here came the nasty shock. The salesman told me it was already discounted, there you see, the original price is 4000, now its only 1600. Being a modeller for many years, and I believe all you guys know, all japanese kits have their prices printed on the boxes, in YEN.

I was speechless. Made no comment. Went to purchase the 1320nt copy. I'm a happy man. However, I can't believe how the salesman in shop A almost made me buy a kit knowing I got a great discount, if I hadn't knew.

Averion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 AM   #10
Kezzatazzie
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Hobby/Model Shops in Taiwan?

Hi.. I see this is a very old post - but I'm looking for someone in Taiwan that makes model cars / trucks to order...
hope someone can help 😃
TIA
Kezza
Kezzatazzie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling