Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Uplander
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
jfpty5
AF Newbie

power door locks not working

I have a 2007 uplander. The doors will unlock, but will not lock from any door switch. I can hear a clock from under the dash when I press the lock button. Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas on how to fix it?
jfpty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: power door locks not working

If you hear a click, could be a bad relay....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
mmichaels1970
AF Newbie

Same problem here with my 2008 Uplander. Unlock works fine. Power Lock doesn't work at all at any door, no sound at all. Key Fob doesn't work, lock switch doesn't work.

Wouldn't be too big of a problem except that there is no way to manually lock the liftgate.

I bought mine used a couple years ago and I can't afford dealer prices to repair.
mmichaels1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
mmichaels1970
AF Newbie

Quick update to my post. If I try the door lock switch on the passenger side, I hear a very quiet click on the driver's side. If I try the door lock switch on the driver side, I hear nothing.
mmichaels1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 AM   #5
Magen93
AF Newbie

I have a 2008 Checy uplander. It is the basic LT model . I do not have automatic doors. My passenger sliding door will not lock. I am using the key fob to lock the door and it does not lock. I also try from the drivers side panel and it will not lock either. Any help on this? it is ONLY the one door... everything else works
Magen93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
Tech II
AF Fanatic

If you have power to the actuator, you need an actuator....unfortunately, you have to remove the door panel to access it.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
Rusty2012
AF Newbie

I have about the same issue but backwards, my 2007 chevy uplander will not unlock unless it has come out of drive to park, also my replacement remotes will not program, what is the possible cause?
Rusty2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #8
PatPatrick
AF Newbie

I have a 2008 Chevy Uplander LS. The power door lock will not lock with either door switch unless the doors are closed. The delay lock feature also does not work. When the switch is pressed for the first time, the chime sounds as if it is arming the system to lock the doors, but it never does.

However, if I'm in the car with all doors closed, the switch locks the doors with a single push. The system otherwise operates as normal. The doors unlock when placed in park and lock when taken out of park. They also will unlock with either switch.
PatPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:50 PM   #9
woscarr
AF Regular

I had the same sorta problem.. The passenger side would lock but not unlock, driver side ok. I took the switch out thinking I could clean it like I did with my old Oldsmobile Silhouette 2002, but the switch was completely different. Smaller components no way to take it apart like I did with my ol' olds silo.

So I went to a junkyard and got a replacement and it worked great again.

I got a door switch, a over head storage compartment, internal trim pieces, fuses, light bulbs and a set front signal light housings (mine had cracks) that looked brand new all for under $20 CDN !

Cheers.
Wayne.
woscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #10
Jbug419
AF Newbie

Don't know if any of you are still having this problem...
My 2008 Chevy Uplander key fob will unlock but doesn't lock anymore..no big deal I just started locking with the electric lock switch of the door ...then that quits working and I have to lock each door manually (but can't lock the lift gate), but if I hit the electric door switch it will still "arm" the vehicle. Then out of the blue it may start working again and has done this a few times back and forth.
It started not working again this week, BUT occasionally will lock. I found this video online and am going to give it a try.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxmnyGtijg&autoplay=1
It makes sense to me that's it's probably corrosion or moisture or loose wires since it comes and goes.
WE WILL SEE!
Jbug419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:21 AM   #11
Inda605
AF Newbie

Jbug419

I was wondering what your results were with your locks issue on the 08 uplander... I have this same issue among other related problems ( I am assuming they are related) mine started acting up one night when the alarm went off I went out looked saw nothing turned off horn with fob locked doors incase they maybe were not and as I turned away to the house I got Bout 5 feet away and same thing happened horn went crazy used key in drivers door to shut off horn this time and this repeated until I took battery out of key fob. Problem solved right must be bad battery but no course not that simple new battery better range no longer setting off horn but now doors dont lock with either interior door power switch nor the fob but the horn alerts as a lock confirmation and followed by another click (double) another audible alert but lights dont flash to confirm alarm is set inside display says delayed losing but never locks. That's only from door switches not fob fob only sounds horn or will unlock doors somedays if I manually lock each door with exception of rear due to lack of a manual optuon ( seriously) ??? Then when car is placed in gear all doors closed it sometimes locks and unlocks as designed but 98% of the time it wont lock at all accept manually!
Doors always unlock with interiors if locked manually and also if I press lock on fob when car is in drive it locks now and then like normal its so strange Chevy hasn't addressed this as I have seen it mentioned since 08 model came out. On top of that occasionally the trac cntrl stablizer brake light comes on when driving and if at a stop light on accel its like tranny wont grab 10% of the time till rpm lowers to 8-900 then goes great and even an occasional air bag light comes on for some reason. WELL THAT'S ALL I WILL SAY FOR NOW I'm sorry if its confusing or illegible I am not a tech person a d cAN barely see what I'm typing
Inda605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:26 AM   #12
Inda605
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbug419 View Post
Don't know if any of you are still having this problem...
My 2008 Chevy Uplander key fob will unlock but doesn't lock anymore..no big deal I just started locking with the electric lock switch of the door ...then that quits working and I have to lock each door manually (but can't lock the lift gate), but if I hit the electric door switch it will still "arm" the vehicle. Then out of the blue it may start working again and has done this a few times back and forth.
It started not working again this week, BUT occasionally will lock. I found this video online and am going to give it a try.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxmnyGtijg&autoplay=1
It makes sense to me that's it's probably corrosion or moisture or loose wires since it comes and goes.
WE WILL SEE!
Hey I finally found a way to direct message you haha I just posted a hurried up post relative to yours on the 08 uplander if you can find it haha I'm a rookie no doubt
Old 03-01-2017, 12:47 PM   #13
deaddog1953
AF Newbie

did you ever find the cause of the problem ?
deaddog1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:24 PM   #14
deaddog1953
AF Newbie

looking for solution, anyone know: what happens with these uplander power locks
deaddog1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #15
Inda605
AF Newbie

I still having same issues weather is a bit warmer now I am going to attempt some volt meter tests to see if and where we are losing connection! I will be sure to get back to u as soon as I find a solution please do the same if luck locates you.