Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 12:17 AM   #16
AMGalltheway
AF Enthusiast

Re: what happened to this board?

Nice blue on that its looks nice without being over the top ricer. one question though whats the exhaust sound like?

AMGalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #17
Teqnikue
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Teqnikue Send a message via MSN to Teqnikue Send a message via Yahoo to Teqnikue

it sounds deep not like a glasspack wannabe performance exhaust.
Teqnikue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #18
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

I don't think that Hypsi's death has anything to do with the decline. I know what happened to some people. Others have just gone maybe to other boards, maybe left the lifestyle, some still post occasionally. However, some left after the drama involving carrrnuttt and some of the staff. The bitch is that it's gained momentum and turned into the snow ball effect and just took more and more people with it.

I'd love to see this place turn back into the forum I had to come to everyday to keep in line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL3000gt View Post
If you type in "LS1" into a thread -TheStig- will post in it 100% of the time so make sure you just type that in every post to ensure at least one more person will visit that thread.
There's a hole in your theory...... where's he right now?
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #19
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
There's a hole in your theory...... where's he right now?
I "took" care of him since he wasn't doing his job.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon

Quote:
I "took" care of him since he wasn't doing his job.
See, this is why we can't have a nice board with you taking care of people all willy nilly.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

LS1? Where?!

Back when I had my LS1......

Sorry boys, I'm all grown up now... work too damn much to have any fun. I have projects lined up but no time... or really funds to do much with them.

I've got a few things happening in the background, if they go the way we're planning I'll have more racing stuff to post about. Not street racing, but real racing stuffs. Anywho, Hope everybody is still doing well.

Keep it safe out there.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #22
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

I miss reading all the stories on here. I pop in from time to time if anyone remembra me or ever knew who I was lol. I agree with everyone else in thinking that people have gone to more specific forums. I know that is the case with me, but I still get on here a little. Havent gotten too many races lately but I've been out of town off and on all summer with work and family and just random stuff.

Im hoping to get to the drag strip within a month though. Just installed my meth kit so i have some tuning to do this week. Hoping to run a mid low 13 at 106-108 on my tiny ass drag radials! Haha
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
Teqnikue
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Teqnikue Send a message via MSN to Teqnikue Send a message via Yahoo to Teqnikue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
I miss reading all the stories on here. I pop in from time to time if anyone remembra me or ever knew who I was lol. I agree with everyone else in thinking that people have gone to more specific forums. I know that is the case with me, but I still get on here a little. Havent gotten too many races lately but I've been out of town off and on all summer with work and family and just random stuff.

Im hoping to get to the drag strip within a month though. Just installed my meth kit so i have some tuning to do this week. Hoping to run a mid low 13 at 106-108 on my tiny ass drag radials! Haha
nice i would hope dude my prelude does 14.2's in quarter mile, and its not turbo or all that insane stuff.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #24
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Im not turbo either
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 08-09-2009, 02:57 AM   #25
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
LS1? Where?!

Back when I had my LS1......
Proof.

Old 08-09-2009, 03:00 AM   #26
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Im not turbo either
That's your problem.

j/k

Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #27
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

I just kinda stopped racing. Lost its appeal to me. I have more important things for my meager pay checks to go towards right now that are part of the "move forward and onward in life" expenses. That and my car is basically falling apart. I dunno, I guess I just got tired of it, especially after my last ticket where I really should have gotten arrested. Just one of those things I guess.

Besides, around here there are only three places to really meet up. One has been taken over by...to put it very politely "ethnic" groups with their pickup trucks that are all slammed with five inch wheels and stupid ass paint job, one is 100% ricers and the cops basically watch it and at 10 pm they swoop in and ticket everyone, and the third has been taken over by these cocksuckers who go by the name "Rice Killers", where if you don't have at the very least an 11 second Mustang or 'Maro, then they try to run you off. Almost all of them have Vipers, modded Vettes, M5s, stuff like that and they think their shit don't stink. Its just annoying.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 PM   #28
Teqnikue
AF Newbie

Quote:
Im not turbo either
yep i know Redline Ion's are Supercharged 2.0liters. 205hps or it is 210hps and almost 195torque stock.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #29
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

It's because cassiesman left me.

No seriously, car is/will be too fast to race (aiming for low 10s without nitrous), the daily is too slow to be any fun.

Then I'm growing up too so it's losing appeal. Street stuff there are too many people to get hurt and the cops don't show older people as much slack, then there is the cost factor. Total bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
I just kinda stopped racing. Lost its appeal to me. I have more important things for my meager pay checks to go towards right now that are part of the "move forward and onward in life" expenses. That and my car is basically falling apart. I dunno, I guess I just got tired of it, especially after my last ticket where I really should have gotten arrested. Just one of those things I guess.

Besides, around here there are only three places to really meet up. One has been taken over by...to put it very politely "ethnic" groups with their pickup trucks that are all slammed with five inch wheels and stupid ass paint job, one is 100% ricers and the cops basically watch it and at 10 pm they swoop in and ticket everyone, and the third has been taken over by these cocksuckers who go by the name "Rice Killers", where if you don't have at the very least an 11 second Mustang or 'Maro, then they try to run you off. Almost all of them have Vipers, modded Vettes, M5s, stuff like that and they think their shit don't stink. Its just annoying.

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #30
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
That's your problem.

j/k

Oh I'm well aware of this! I'm just making the best of the HEATon...I mean eaton for the time being. Next year (or whenever lol) I'm gonna either throw a TVS (1.3L blower) on and just aim for 325-350whp or twincharge and push 400-450whp. Ill see what my funds an priorities are when the time comes. I have all the supporting mods for the TVS now that i got meth so i could literally have that on and driving and a base map in in 20 minutes. Funny how that works haha

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing