Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 08:36 PM   #1
Caspurr83
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Caspurr83
Question Stereo Unlock Codes

Ok, i just recently bought a used 98 Mitsubishi Galant. A friend of mine left the door open a crack the other night and killed my battery. She got the battery recharged to find out that the stereo has a theft system on it and i dont have the codes. We tried to enter generic codes such as 1234 which of course did not work. My stereo now says OFF on it and wont work at all. I called a local mitsubishi dealer and asked what i needed to do and he said bring it in and they will take the stereo out and get the serial # for me so they can find the code. Well the closest dealer is 2 hours from where i live, and i would really rather NOT have to pay for this. I took it upon myself to get the serial number (7V{or Y, not sure}258097A) but now i dont know how i can use that to find the code without having to pay for it. I am going to try and call the dealer back tomorrow since by the time i got the serial they were gone, but if anyone can help me find this info before then, or even after, please let me know. Post a reply, or email me canadian_babe_00_2000@yahoo.com either way is fine!

Thanks, Caspurr83
Caspurr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 11:08 AM   #2
srny717
AF Newbie

stereo anti-theft

Same thing recently happened to me. I called the dealer and they told me how to reset it so you can put the code in again. You have to leave the key in the on position for an hour. Then you can enter the code. How did you find the code though?!?! That's my problem now.
srny717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #3
Caspurr83
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Caspurr83
Re: Stereo Unlock Codes

Thanks....after posting i found a wesite that told me how to get it to be able to enter the code again, which was the same way as you mentioned only it said to leave it on the accessory part on the ignition, same thing tho...and about how i got the serial...I had to take part of the dash apart to get to the stereo to get the serial number and then i called a mitsubishi dealer in my area with the serial number to get the code.....http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...nt.htm....that link will tell you how to remove the part of the dash and you should be able to get to the stereo where the sticker is...its a white sticker with a bar code and serial number on it, write that # down and call a mitsubishi dealer and they should be able to give you the unlock code!
Caspurr83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
97 galant
AF Newbie

i have the code for the 97 galant
97 galant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:19 AM   #5
97 galant
AF Newbie

I have the code to the 1997 galant radio
97 galant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:24 PM   #6
fatsplif69
AF Newbie

my battery just recently died and when i put a new ne in my stereo didnt work does anyone have a code for a 2000 galant i tried to call the dealer for it but they want $32.50 to remove the stereo and give me a code and i realy dont want to have to pay for it can someone help me
fatsplif69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 01:37 AM   #7
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

take out the radio yourself and read the serial to them.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Shpyder is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant