Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
TheSpy007
AF Newbie

Question Get more power from 325is?...

Hi, I have a 92' 325is with a M50 non-vanos engine. I am looking for some advice on if there is anything I can even do to this engine. I have already tried a dinan chip and it was fine but was not satisfying enough for me. Being a non-vanos I am having trouble figuring out if there is anything i can do to the engine that will add major power increase. I don't want to put a supercharger or turbo kit on it, all motor is what I would want to do. Any opinions?
TheSpy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 06:10 PM   #2
tittogs95
AF Newbie

Well i am not an Bmw owner but i will be!!!
By the end of this year i will get a 95' 325is or MAYBE a 96-97' 328is.
I know almost everithing about theme already.

SO in your case i think u can swap an M3 engine out of a junkyard (if it is easy to do. I don't know yet).
But, your car is pretty much awsome! be proud of it. It is not a race car. (^&*% Why not????) .Even thougnt i am interested to see what everybody else say about this.

well see ya!
Tito
tittogs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
Urban_Squrill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Urban_Squrill Send a message via MSN to Urban_Squrill
Re: Get more power from 325is?...

You can always do the generic thing. New intake exhaust. Nitrous(its not as dangrous as you thingk). Turbo the car.
Urban_Squrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #4
bemmertech
AF Newbie

Re: Get more power from 325is?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy007
Hi, I have a 92' 325is with a M50 non-vanos engine. I am looking for some advice on if there is anything I can even do to this engine. I have already tried a dinan chip and it was fine but was not satisfying enough for me. Being a non-vanos I am having trouble figuring out if there is anything i can do to the engine that will add major power increase. I don't want to put a supercharger or turbo kit on it, all motor is what I would want to do. Any opinions?

You need to find a vanos unit and the DME off a 94 525i and swap
"if you have any more ??? mike@autohausbayern.com"
All I do are engine upgrades, the engine you have now has diff pistons and stronger rods so it can take a lot more power your problem is
@ low end now but vanos will halp in the middle and top end of your power band. (( Is that the problem ??? )) e-mail me for any ?
bemmertech is offline   Reply With Quote