Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #1
Scott1234
AF Newbie

2010 Prius

I just bought a 2010 prius and so far I am pleased. We have only put about 150 miles on it, but the ride is smooth and confortable and the handling is great. If anyone is interested I will keep you posted of my experiences. Looks like a very simple car to service. Only oil and filter change at 5k intervals.

Scott
Scott1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
TomAB
AF Newbie

Re: 2010 Prius

Two weeks ago we bought one too with the cash-for-clunkers rebate for my dad's '89 caddy. We averaged 49.9 mpg indicated and 47.6 mpg actual on a 2500 mile trip. It really makes a difference slip-streaming behind 18 wheelers. Mileage dropped about 3 mpg not doing it. The car's display seems to be 2 mpg off on all calculations as well as indicating 2 mph too fast.

My only real gripe is that the 3rd generation didn't improve the rear window visibility. Seems to me that they could have wrapped the hatchback lid over the side to make the rear window wider. On the bottom the rear spoiler blocks my vision about headlight height on a car behind. I also can't see far enough down the road behind me as the top of the rear window is too low. The rear wiper doesn't come down far enough, leaving the lower, most useful 1/3 of the minimal rear view unwiped.

My other complaint is that the dash display is too far to the right. On gets used to glancing down then to the right to see the speedometer, but they could have moved the whole display 6" to the left.

Also the (sort of) back-lighted JVC radio displays are too dim. With any light shining in I can't see them.
TomAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
igjuro
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to igjuro

I was thinking about buying a hybrid vehicle for myself but I find out that some diesel cars like VW Blue Motion models actually are more eco friendly than the hybrids. They have very advanced diesel engine and they are burning less fuel than hybrids. Also they are cheaper for maintence.
igjuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
Scott1234
AF Newbie

I just wanted to report I now have 76K on my little Prius and am still very pleased. In the last couple of months my gas mileage has dropped below 40 mpg. Prior to that it was always at least 42 with 54 being the best. I don't know if it could be the cold weather that accounts for the drop. Any ideas?
Scott1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Prius