Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
asegal0000
AF Newbie

Angry Ford Focus 2012 Front Wiper Problems

I have a 2012 Ford Focus.

The switch for the wipers does not turn on the wipers. However, sometimes the wipers go intermittently when the switch is off - even if ignition is off (and key removed).

Ford wants $105 to diagnose, and estimates 3 hours to diagnose.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to check out, and hopefully avoid the ridiculous cost by ford?
asegal0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
MikeCStig
AF Regular

Re: Ford Focus 2012 Front Wiper Problems

Take the car somewhere else. Find a place that knows Fords and is trustworthy. Any buisiness that won't even talk to you about your car until you pay them is shady, not worth your time, and deserves to go f*ckng bankrupt. Seeing as your car is only 3 years old, I'm surprised it isn't under some kind of warranty. $105 and three hours of labor sounds absolutely absurd to figure out what's wrong with your windshield wipers. I could understand if it were a Rolls Royce, but a Reasonably priced car like a Ford focus? It just doesn't add up...
Not only should you find somebody who will do it cheaper (which I'm sure you will), but you should take the bill for the reasonably priced job back to the shop that gave you that heinous estimate, show them how full of sh*t they are, and tell them to get stuffed!
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #3
asegal0000
AF Newbie

Thats what I was going to do if nobody gave me some hints on finding the problem.
At first I figured they could find the problem quickly, as they have all the diagnostic tools and "experience".
asegal0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #4
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

I have the same problem, did anybody diagnose your problem. I've checked the wand and it looks fine.

Please let us know what you find.
ctabacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Ford Focus 2012 Front Wiper Problems

I am going to the dealership to get my hopefully fixed focus. So far I've been told one of the wiper motors was shorted and a fuse was blown. Don't know which fuse, because the one that says "Front WS Wipers" was good on mine, so there must be another fuse. When I find out I'll pose. I'll also try to find out how the motor was shorted as i had 12 volts going to it.

Stay tuned, more to come.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
ctabacchi
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Ford Focus 2012 Front Wiper Problems

Car works again. The dealer said Fuse 16 under the hood, by the battery was bad. I checked it earlier and it was good, so i'm confused there. But they also replaced the drivers wiper motor that was shorted out and found a couple of loose connectors around the firewall.

Anyways, according to the tech guy, there are 2 12volt supplies to the wiper motor. A ground and a signal wire to the bcm.

Hope this helps others. The total cost for me was about $400. Yeah it kinda sucks but you need windshield wipers and I couldn't find a wiring diagram. Good luck to the next person.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
focus , ford , front , wiper , wipers
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Focus | C Max