Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Harley Davidson's Largest Dealer Dies

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Harley Davidson's Largest Dealer Dies

I actually was expecting to read about some guy who weighed 1500 lbs or something......

It's too bad, I hate to see any rider go down like that. He also seemed to be a really smart and astute businessman. But, if he was so smart, why was he riding with no helmet?

Yes, I know this may not be the most appropriate place to harp about a helmet, but imo part of preserving one's life is taking basic steps to protect oneself... with a helmet. Otherwise, obviously, in a crash, death is much easier to come by.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: Harley Davidson's Largest Dealer Dies

That is really terrible news. Our hobby has lost one of it greatest ambassadors. I have talked with Bruce on many occasions (my grandparents lived in Daytona for many years) and he was a truly great person. He absolutely loved motorcycles, and Daytona Bike Week was like heaven to him. There was one year we were down there when I still had my Honda Magna, and I had to make many trips to his dealership to get parts for my dad's old Sporty that kept breaking down. Some Harley guys were giving me shit about parking my Honda near "their" dealership, and Bruce himself came out and said he'd personally watch my bike while I went inside. By the time we got that old sporty running right, he knew me by name and even remembered me the next year afterward.

From what the police said happened, I doubt a helmet would have made a difference. If you honestly believe a fiberglass dome with some foam in it will protect you against a 6000 lb truck towing a trailer, you're nuts. Helmets and seatbelts should be a choice (even though I don't agree with riding helmetless, I absolutely HATE seatbelts). I live in a state where I don't have a choice either way, but I wouldn't ride without a helmet regardless of the law.

This is a perfect example of why you need to be paying attention 100% of the time while riding, as it appears it was Bruces own unattentiveness that caused his death, not the fact that he chose to ride helmetless.

What a shame, RIP Bruce!

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Motorcycles & Choppers > Street Bikes