Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
markaas20012001
AF Newbie

2004 ram hemi exhaust leak, I THINK

NEEd HELP!!!
2004 ram 1500 hemi quad cab. I have a tick/tap type noise that happens under accleration only, sounds like an exhaust leak. This is not the traditional HEMI TICK that the all mostly have!!The noise can be slightly heard with airbox on. When the air box is removed to put a KN intake on the noise becomes very noticable, almost like a tick. Only happens when acclerates. If rev engine in park noise not there. Noise comes and goes at will. Doesnt matter if hot or cold. Originally thought it was exhaust manifolds so I replaced both sides with all new hardware, shields and gaskets and still present. I also thought maybe due to kn intake but Ive driven several others with intakes and noise not there. It baffles me, any help would be appriciated. By the way Im a service writer at a Dodge dealer and my techs cant figure it out. Its a difficult one. Hopefully the community can help me out. Any helps greatly apprciated. Thanks, Mark Waterman
markaas20012001 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD