Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #61
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to threedd97 Send a message via AIM to threedd97
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
a 72 trans am?

I'd guess that would run 14's, even with "raw power" it still weighs a shitload. Know what 14's means? A stock Nissan Altima could easily keep up, if not beat it....now what were you saying?
I said power, not acceleration. I could find a different American car that could take out a Nissan or Honda or at least match it. I hate the engineering of Asian cars. I hate it with a passion. If I ever did buy one though, it would be a Nissan over any other company.

I had a slip of the tongue when I said foreign. I was mostly referring to Japanese imports and other companies of origin in the east. I would take a European car any day.
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Possibly a Cadence ZRS-10
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
threedd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 PM   #62
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to threedd97 Send a message via AIM to threedd97
Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyb18b
1. My "ricer" beats your "Mustang Sports Car"- Sorry but its the hard truth

2. v6 mustangs rn't sport cars, my "ricer" that does .94G's on the skid pad is greater than most real sport cars out there.

3. HERE GOES THE TRAMA

2002 Jeep Liberty 4x4!= 1/4: 16.8 , 0-60: 8.9

96 Mustang 3.8= 1/4: 17.3 , 0-60: 9.9

99 Mustang convertable 3.8 > yours= 1/4: 16.5 , 0-60: 8.6

STOCK 94 Integra ls= 1/4: 16.0, 0-60: 7.6

So, to summarize, His Jeep is probably quicker, by a full second. And IF my car was STOCK, which it is def. not, I still rape you. I couldnt imagine what it would be like now. I'll let that soak in
Another fast and the furious weiner who just creamed his pants... if I had a nickel for everytime I saw this...
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Possibly a Cadence ZRS-10
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
threedd97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #63
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman
Re: What can I get for $1500?

Stock Maxima..... raps all of you at a 14.2.... muahahaha.... too bad i dont own one....
But how about we compare 60ft time. V6 5speed 4.10 rear end..... it will scoot son...
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #64
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
a 72 trans am?

I'd guess that would run 14's, even with "raw power" it still weighs a shitload. Know what 14's means? A stock Nissan Altima could easily keep up, if not beat it....now what were you saying?
Sorry but you are wrong. In completely stock trim this car had over 300 HP and over 415lbs of torque. You must have this confused with a '92 Trans Am. The best it ran at Norwalk was 12.90 and normally runs a consistant 12.95-13 flat in the quarter mile all with street tires. That was with the Edelbrock carb and intake setup. I am now making it a fuelie which will make it more consistant. It should drop the horses by a few but should gain more torque which should all lead to a lower E.T. Yes, this thing weighs about 2x of what your ricer is but with that hood loaded with Poncho power, who cares?
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM   #65
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

goddammit here we go again w/ another damn car thread........that's what the rest of the forums are for CAR AUDIO PPL DAMMIT!!!
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #66
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AndonD454
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Yes, this thing weighs about 2x of what your ricer is but with that hood loaded with Poncho power, who cares?

hahah poncho power?

Sold all my shit.

waiting for more money
AndonD454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #67
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: What can I get for $1500?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
goddammit here we go again w/ another damn car thread........that's what the rest of the forums are for CAR AUDIO PPL DAMMIT!!!
It's that muskrats, especially v6 muskrats are ghey...to the extreme...

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 12:42 AM   #68
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
Stock Maxima..... raps all of you at a 14.2.... muahahaha.... too bad i dont own one....
But how about we compare 60ft time. V6 5speed 4.10 rear end..... it will scoot son...
Altima is faster than the Maxima btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by threedd97
I said power, not acceleration.
What good is power without the ability to accelerate? Sounds like you're the 18 wheeler kinda guy....thousands of ft-lb of torque, and a 2 minute 1/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Sorry but you are wrong. In completely stock trim this car had over 300 HP and over 415lbs of torque. You must have this confused with a '92 Trans Am. The best it ran at Norwalk was 12.90 and normally runs a consistant 12.95-13 flat in the quarter mile all with street tires. That was with the Edelbrock carb and intake setup. I am now making it a fuelie which will make it more consistant. It should drop the horses by a few but should gain more torque which should all lead to a lower E.T. Yes, this thing weighs about 2x of what your ricer is but with that hood loaded with Poncho power, who cares?
Ah that is faster than I thought, I was thinking the late 80's/early 90's ones that were so slow. I had one try to race me on the freeway once, it had to be embarrassing for a trans am to get its ass handed to it by a damn sentra, lol

People put too much emphasis on where things come from, it's f'ing retarded. As if the American engineers designing American cars are any smarter than the Japanese engineers designing Japanese cars, or the idiotic American workers in our plants are any smarter than the idiotic Japanese workers in their plants....it's stupid. Hell, half of the "Japanese" cars are made in America anyway, so what's the problem? I've seen so many problems from every American car manufacturer, I don't know why people still proclaim them as god...my friends' Fords keep breaking, my friends' Chevys are built cheap as hell, same goes for Dodge. My Nissan is built cheap too, but at least it is cheap....and the cheap parts are just interior crap, the drivetrain is solid as a rock. Blind brand loyalty is stupid, people need to open their damn eyes.

Sorry for the rant, that was directed at no one in particular, the topic just spun me off the deep end

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 01:32 PM   #69
germanyt
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
2 15's need twice the power....we are working on a buget....
both of yall are morons. 18s are pointless, you can get the same db from much smaller speakers. 15s, as well as 18s sound like shit. the cone has so far to travel that you get shitty bass and frequency response. this causes very sloppy sounding bass. if this guy wants a system for around $1500 i recommend 2 Punch P3 12' 2 or 4 ohm, doesnt matter because most amps today allow for the best wiring options. i am running the P3s in a 1.1 cf per speaker vented box with a PPX (PPI) 2400 2channel class d, bridged in mono. 2 one farad punch caps and i am getting 150 db in the passenger seat of a 4 door grand prix. if this guy wants to blow his friends away this is what i recommend. 15s and 18s.... youll have a hell of alot of bass if you can afford the amp but all your friends will talk about is how shitty the bass sounds.
germanyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:56 PM   #70
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

ROTFLMAO..... this kid thinks he knows something....
but he is running punch, claiming 150dB's which he wouldnt be able to do even on the old sound lab mics unless it was a nall out SPL set up. funny thing is if he thinks 3 punches even in an SQ set up will sound better than one xxx18 or xxx15 or even SX18 or 15 then he is sadly mistaken...
well he is also running caps so.....i will excuse your ignorance for now. but i will warn you. go flaming out of no where not knowing what the HELL you are talking about and you will be torn apart.... not only by me but also Bumpin', SR20 who is running a brahma 15 and will not only have better SQ than you BY FAR, Many18 who has a XXX 15 (ibeleive) but also nsgm....who is running a magnum 18 and which will eat your woofers up.
But FYI more surface area means getting as loud with LESS cone movement.... and just because XXX's move over 2" P2P as long as they stay in the gap they have EXCELENT sq.... 15's and 18's being muddy is a thing of the past....only shitty companies with shitty drivers and shitty motors have shitty 15's and 18's that sound muddy or have worse SQ than 12's 10's or 8's.... go to a club.... what do you think they are using in their systems that sound excelent and have the bass to cave your chest.... go to a concert rock, rap, w/e, it doesnt matter.....they run 18's or larger in Horn enclosures....still sound good.
Now go learn something about audio and come back...
PS
you sound like my exfriend tellimg me he will hit 152dB with 8 "Xtreme" audio 12's....on an ISCA certified mic at that.... hmm is your name kyle?
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 03:58 PM   #71
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt
both of yall are morons. 18s are pointless, you can get the same db from much smaller speakers. 15s, as well as 18s sound like shit. the cone has so far to travel that you get shitty bass and frequency response. this causes very sloppy sounding bass. if this guy wants a system for around $1500 i recommend 2 Punch P3 12' 2 or 4 ohm, doesnt matter because most amps today allow for the best wiring options. i am running the P3s in a 1.1 cf per speaker vented box with a PPX (PPI) 2400 2channel class d, bridged in mono. 2 one farad punch caps and i am getting 150 db in the passenger seat of a 4 door grand prix. if this guy wants to blow his friends away this is what i recommend. 15s and 18s.... youll have a hell of alot of bass if you can afford the amp but all your friends will talk about is how shitty the bass sounds.
you sir, are an idiot

Ignorance is one thing, but calling us morons when you're the one who has no earthly idea what you're talking about makes you an idiot. Do some damn research before blowing your head off and making yourself look like both a jackass and a dipshit.

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Tech...ooferSpeed.pdf

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:35 PM   #72
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Altima is faster than the Maxima btw

What good is power without the ability to accelerate? Sounds like you're the 18 wheeler kinda guy....thousands of ft-lb of torque, and a 2 minute 1/4

Ah that is faster than I thought, I was thinking the late 80's/early 90's ones that were so slow. I had one try to race me on the freeway once, it had to be embarrassing for a trans am to get its ass handed to it by a damn sentra, lol

People put too much emphasis on where things come from, it's f'ing retarded. As if the American engineers designing American cars are any smarter than the Japanese engineers designing Japanese cars, or the idiotic American workers in our plants are any smarter than the idiotic Japanese workers in their plants....it's stupid. Hell, half of the "Japanese" cars are made in America anyway, so what's the problem? I've seen so many problems from every American car manufacturer, I don't know why people still proclaim them as god...my friends' Fords keep breaking, my friends' Chevys are built cheap as hell, same goes for Dodge. My Nissan is built cheap too, but at least it is cheap....and the cheap parts are just interior crap, the drivetrain is solid as a rock. Blind brand loyalty is stupid, people need to open their damn eyes.

Sorry for the rant, that was directed at no one in particular, the topic just spun me off the deep end
yep I know what you mean. Personally, I do not like anything new. I mean I do for a small moment but then quickly lose interest.

Back to the Trans Ams, yes the early 80's Birds were dogs. My first car was a '80 TA that was loaded and looked awsome. The problem was that it had a pitifull 301 engine. It was all stock and had about the same HP as my buddy's '86 S-10 with the stock Mitsu 4-banger. We raced once and I had to pray to beat him. Of course I did but he was all happy thinking that he could almost hang with smokey! Obviously I have traded up a bit. I've owned over 6 TA's and one Formula!!!!!
Orion C63 Coax rear

Old 03-04-2005, 07:37 PM   #73
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Oh, to get back to stereo stuff, I've never had anything other than the stock stereos in these cars. Yeah, that means the good old 8-tracks with 2 speakers. Kinda funny that I don't mind. Well, infact I rarely even turn them on.
Orion C63 Coax rear

Old 03-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #74
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanyt
As previously stated...you're a fucking idiot!

My 18 XXX (It's a XXX by the way ) Will murder your setup in SQ AND SPL. You know absolutely nothing about true car audio quality. Your brain is stuck in shitty over priced main-stream bullshit...and your eating it up on a daily basis. So...I don't have any more time to waste on your ignorant ass, come my way...and I'll school you ass any day little boy!

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:04 PM   #75
AndonD454
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AndonD454

in germanyt's favor, ive heard a dual 12" P3 ported setup with about 450 watts per sub and it got pretty damn loud. wayy louder than i would have expected. but i guarantee it wansnt 150 db. in fact, i wouldnt guess it louder than the low 140s on a termlab.

however, you are still a douche and have no right to call us idiots and then post about somethin you obviously dont know enough about. do you think people who know so much abotu car audio would almost all be running 15s if they sounded like shit?

Sold all my shit.

waiting for more money
AndonD454 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio