Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 03:04 PM   #31
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTRboi
r u guys talkin' about my altezzas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
you're a quick one..
Ricochet, you think we should give him a chance, be nice, and show him the way? then again, maybve not....of well, I'll help him out, here's a hint...Chrome sucks, espeically chrome Altezza's....those=bad.....there, I helped out and showed him the way.....partly anyways, lol. Anyways, welcome to AF SkylineGTRboi, and if you havn't figured it out, chrome altezza's arn't well liked here at AF.
Old 12-24-2003, 03:20 PM   #32
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03

Yeah, if you have altezzas, dont even bother posting pics of your car, youre just going to get flamed right on out of here. As for the interior paint thing though...DO NOT paint it some bright color...red, white, blue, green, etc. IMO, one of the best interior mods you can do is paint your interior black, and then get an aluminum dash kit. If you have black racing seats like Ricochet, this looks REALLY good. One of my best friends has an eclipse...black leather, painted black dash and interior, with an aluminum dash kit, and it looks GORGEOUS!
Old 12-25-2003, 12:09 AM   #33
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn

hey eckoman- thanks for you help. i promise, from now on i'll be mr. nice guy just a couple of questions for ya. where can i buy either type of synthetic suedes? theres a joann fabrics that local, idk if they would carry it. any online places? what kind of price difference are we talking about. last two questions, can i sew it up using the same process thats on that website you posted(i came across it in the past-thats what gave me the idea to reupholster seats) and lastly, whats the importance of "sealing" the synthetic suede.
thanks man, i appreciate it,

Luke
Old 12-25-2003, 11:47 AM   #34
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

woah chill dang, i like altezzas, besides i bought the car with altezzas. IMO they look betta den stock. Clear Altezzas would like nice too but hey, i ain't gonna waste money when i already have some altezzas. BTW i like it white for the interior, if i could, i'd make it completely white, like one of those show cars. why would u paint it black if it's already black?
Old 12-25-2003, 12:32 PM   #35
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03

Its not black. Its a dull grey color. When I say black I mean a deep, rich, black.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:46 PM   #36
Ricochet
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineGTRboi
IMO they look betta den stock.
Um, no. Everybody has them, they're beyond played out, and they're just plain gay. You'll learn young grasshoppa.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #37
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

don't like it? too bad it's my car. do wut u want to your car ain't no one sayin' n e thing about it. You say no like it's a fact. Who do u think u are? I don't care if everyone has them, i like them. BTW the interior is dark black, not gray, only the seats are grey.
Old 12-26-2003, 12:29 AM   #38
Ricochet
Banned

Re: Re: Interior paint??

If you don't care then why did you change your sig..
Old 12-26-2003, 01:00 AM   #39
Spectre927
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Spectre927
I wanted to check it out. Can I get the link to see his car. BTW, I once had altezzas(they actually werent too bad at the time,) ...... but then I sold them a good while back, right before they died out and actually got my money back(or most of it), you wont get jack shit for them now-a-days.... anyways, you will learn just as ricochet said. You're actually lucky, he was pretty nice to you....
Old 12-26-2003, 04:32 AM   #40
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkailburn
hey eckoman- thanks for you help. i promise, from now on i'll be mr. nice guy just a couple of questions for ya. where can i buy either type of synthetic suedes? theres a joann fabrics that local, idk if they would carry it. any online places? what kind of price difference are we talking about. last two questions, can i sew it up using the same process thats on that website you posted(i came across it in the past-thats what gave me the idea to reupholster seats) and lastly, whats the importance of "sealing" the synthetic suede.
thanks man, i appreciate it,

Luke
Hey, you're welcome for the help...and being nicer in the future will be appericated. You should be able to get either of the suede at a big fabirc supply store. I don't know if Jo-Ann's would have it, you could call and check. But I know a big fabic/upholstry place, would have it. There's a place here in Portland called Fabric depot I beleive that has it, and I forget the name of the other place with a good sized selection of both types, and many different colors...go to the yellow pages, look up fabrics, as well and upholstery...for upholstery you'll want to look for thr suppliers in the area, not the actual uphostering shops. Call around to find the places in your area that sell it and have a decend sized selection, as there are many color's available...the same method as the link show'd would apply to the suede as well...the process for re-upholstering is the same, regardless of fabric. Only the type of fabirc you are working and sewing with changes. Also, it doesn't NEED to be sealed, as in, it's not going to like suffer a painful fabric death if you don't. Using the miscoseal you act to make it premanently waterproof/ resistent and stain proof/resistent (they say waterproof, etc, but usually this is just a higher level of resistence, to a certian extend). This, of course, will help it stay cleaner longer. I also believe there is aUV protectant qaulity to the stuff, though I havn't read on it in a long time, so don't quote me on that part. Either way, this added proection keeps it cleaner longer, helping it last longer. It especially helps, due to the "nap" suede has. The Microseal seals and waterproofs it, helping keep the nap nicer, much much longer. Also, this eqausls less scrubing, etc, to clean out water, soda, or other stains...which will help it last longer. Basically, it's always a good idea to use the microseal if you can find it...it puts scotchgaurd to shame...like i said, this stuff is a one time application, it's premanent. I hope this helps you out some. Oh yea, out of curiousity, can I ask where are you from?
Old 12-26-2003, 08:24 AM   #41
lkailburn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to lkailburn

eckoman-i'm from western ny. i'm very meticulous about my car so i keep it very clean, but everyone knows that accidents happen. so i'll try to get ahold of this stuff. how much are we talking for this microseal? and what kind of life difference(of the fabric) would occur? if i can't get ahold of it, would scotchgaurd be better than not using anything at all? i'll call around and see what local upholstry shops are here. i know my friend had his seats done somewhere local so i'll have to ask him and then i'll see if they sell just fabric. out of curiousity, have you done your own upholstry? when i first cam across that site i was going to use vinyl but was steered away from it by my aunt who is like an expert sewer, she said sewing vinyl is not very easy and the stress/weight put on it will cause the seams to act like a perferated line and just tear apart. she suggested i find something else.
anyways, get back to me soon.

thanks again
Old 12-26-2003, 11:29 AM   #42
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Interior paint??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
If you don't care then why did you change your sig..
i like this integra...got another problem??? shiet i'll change it back if i want to.
Old 12-26-2003, 11:33 AM   #43
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre927
I wanted to check it out. Can I get the link to see his car. BTW, I once had altezzas(they actually werent too bad at the time,) ...... but then I sold them a good while back, right before they died out and actually got my money back(or most of it), you wont get jack shit for them now-a-days.... anyways, you will learn just as ricochet said. You're actually lucky, he was pretty nice to you....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/vietec
Old 12-26-2003, 12:48 PM   #44
Ricochet
Banned

dude your sig takes up a whole page.. god you're fucking annoying
Old 12-26-2003, 03:10 PM   #45
SkylineGTRboi
AF Newbie

i don't care if it takes up the whole page.

"don't start no shiet, there won't be no shiet"