Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > M-Class
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #31
neveragain.
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Re: Does anybody else HATE their ML?

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonlover
Your dealer is ripping you, that part I know well. I have replaced several of them because of people backing into stuff. It costs about 70.00 and you can put it on yourself. It sticks on with high strength tape, the hard part is getting the old one off.
Thanks for the info....still looking for the part.....but, what would be the downside of just filling the crack with some silicone? I don't really care about the look, just to fill, and avoid water, and the elements from getting in there...?

p.s.---the crack 'just happened'......with no incident by myself or others...the car was dirty, and you could tell if anything had hit it or bumped it....it just showed up!!
neveragain. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:34 PM   #32
talonlover
AF Regular

Re: Does anybody else HATE their ML?

I really don't think it serves any purpose other that cosmetic. It only covers up painted metal, so if you put a little silicone in the crack and leveled off the excess I can't see why that wouldn't work.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 AM   #33
CarTitans.com
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonlover
Word to those without any common sense....If you are on a budget where a 2000.00 repair bill may bother you then a Mercedes Benz(of any kind) is not the car for you.
I couldn't agree more... had the same dilema with my Jag
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #34
samprix
AF Regular

My Dad likes his a lot. But he has had similar problems with the rear plastic wrap around piece, as well. The first one just fell off. Yes, for no reason other than poor craftsmanship. The second one's finish disintegrated. The third one is doing the same thing. How about the owners manual pocket in the driver's door that dropped into the door panel about and inch and a half. I suppose that was because of the door being slammed too hard, right? I know that this is not the case.

Look, face it, every car has problems. No matter how much you spend.

Some people in this posting exchange are blaming owners for everything. Yes, there are some bad owners, but not every problem is caused by owner abuse. Deal with the fact that some cars are not put together well, regardless of manufacturer. It all about how the company deals with people/customers. Much of the variation in this area comes from how the individual dealers conduct themselves.
samprix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > M-Class