Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 09:43 PM   #1
00GSR
AF Fanatic

Koni Yellow Height Adjustment (Perches)

Can any of you tell me the height adjustments made by each of the three perches on Koni Yellows? Would the top perch be 0" drop while the other 2 perches drop it slightly more? Or would the 2nd perch be a 0" drop while the top one would actually raise the height a bit and vise versa for the lower? Or does the top perch always lower your car slightly more? Also, I know the bottom perch leaves the front end a bit (1/10 of an inch or so) lower than the back, but do the other perches keep them even?

The reason I am asking is because right now I have Sportlines w/ Koni Yellows on the lowest perch and I am getting a bit sick of scrapping the underbody of my car so frequently. Now I am about to get a lip and some sides and I know I will be hitting them all of the time. So, I want to raise my car back up close to the lowered level of the Sportlines alone w/o the extra .5" or so drop caused by the Konis. I have to either go up one or two perches so I would like to know the drop effect of each perch. If you know the specs, let me know. Thanks
00GSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 01:55 PM   #2
dome
AF Enthusiast

By all means do not quote me on this, because I really am not sure, but I think that if you just have the Koni's with springs, you cannot adjust ride height.

By adjustable, I think they mean that you can adjust things like damping, but not height. I think you need coilovers (or what they call coilovers ala springs with threaded sleeves) if you want height adjustability.

Like I said, I am not sure so any knowledge on this would benefit me too. Good luck, just thought I'd throw a little semi-ignorance out to see if it lures some real knowledge.
dome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 03:32 PM   #3
Beyond Imagination
AF Fanatic

I heard that Koni Yellows can be adjusted height-wise very slightly ... but that's just what I heard, I don't personally have or experienced Koni's ...
Old 04-01-2002, 04:56 PM   #4
00GSR
AF Fanatic

Ok, got the answer I was looking for from Koni. I am going to go ahead and post it for reference purposes, or incase someone searches this question later.

Quote:
The front shocks (8041 1152 Sport) has two perch locations. The top perch location is for the stock ride height while the lower one will lower the car 25mm. The rear shocks (8041 1153 Sport) has three locations. The top one is for when the rear of the car is heavily loaded quite often. The middle perch is the stock ride height location. The lowest groove will lower the car about 15mm. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Thanks.
25mm = 0.985 Inches (Front)
15mm = 0.591 Inches (Rear)

So, it really isn't that slight. I almost have another inch lowering in front. Which explains my scraping problem :o

:smoker2:
00GSR is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels