Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Hobby Design Kawasaki Chain

I am so d*** frustrated at this thing. The instructions do not tell how to actually do the final assembly, if you can believe that. Does anyone have instructions that shows this, or has anyone done this that can give insight? I had a Honda one that was very easy to do. However, this one is different and very difficult to do.

I'd appreciate any thoughts/help you guys can be.

Thanks!

Daniel
racer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hobby Design Kawasaki Chain

do you have a version 1 or version 2 aka Vol. 1.0 or Vol. 2.0 ? I have had many issues with the 1.0 version chain kits coming apart when attempting the final link construction - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
do you have a version 1 or version 2 aka Vol. 1.0 or Vol. 2.0 ? I have had many issues with the 1.0 version chain kits coming apart when attempting the final link construction - John
Wow, I have no idea. This is the type of chain that does NOT have the photoetch one-piece chain. (The honda 211v version I had did.) Does that help? I thought the Kawa version would have the above and was disappointed it didn't...

Daniel
Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Daniel - the type you have is Vol 1.0 version / 1 chain - yes I too have found them very difficult to assemble. The parts are very small and the side link plates need to have the nibs filed off after cutting the free from the sprue or the links will not flex. Additionally I used 30 minute epoxy to glue the parts together that way you have time to work with it. I found sometimes when removing the assembled chain from the assembly tool that the chain came apart. These assembly problems are why they changed the chain design to Vol 2.0 / version 2. I do not know if they produce a Vol 2.0 chain for the Kawasaki. I have switched to using Top Studio chains - still hours to make one, but more user friendly. - let me know how you are assembling the chain kit - John
Old 03-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
racer93
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John18d View Post
Daniel - the type you have is Vol 1.0 version / 1 chain - yes I too have found them very difficult to assemble. The parts are very small and the side link plates need to have the nibs filed off after cutting the free from the sprue or the links will not flex. Additionally I used 30 minute epoxy to glue the parts together that way you have time to work with it. I found sometimes when removing the assembled chain from the assembly tool that the chain came apart. These assembly problems are why they changed the chain design to Vol 2.0 / version 2. I do not know if they produce a Vol 2.0 chain for the Kawasaki. I have switched to using Top Studio chains - still hours to make one, but more user friendly. - let me know how you are assembling the chain kit - John
Well, I'm not, really. I tried, but it just sucks. I used CA, but it fell apart. I think I'll have to look for a version 2.0 of this kit. It's just a bear...

Daniel
Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #6
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Smile Re: Hobby Design Kawasaki Chain

Daniel - contact Kevin at StradaSports.com and see if he has a Vol 2.0 Hobby Design chain for the Kawasaki - they are about half the price of the Top Studio chains - also I tried using CA to assemble the chains with no success. here is Kevin's email address - Kevin Rogers <raceworks66@yahoo.com>; if you google StradaSports you should find their website or if not let me know and I'll get you a link - John
Old 03-15-2010, 03:38 AM   #7
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Daniel - I was looking at the Hiroboy web site and I happened to see that the Hobby Design chain Vol 2.0 for the Kawasaki is available there. - google them and look it up or email me and I'll send a link - that is if you could not get one from Stradasports - John

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling