Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #1
Fixngo
AF Newbie

93 Chevy Astro 4.3 cpi fuel issue

I found this has been a problem with this astro for years in which previous owner failed to tell me. I am abroad at Subic Bay and got this to use while here. Like previous owner the van has not run most of time he owned it. Parts and mechanics here are a joke. Van does not seem to get fuel to fuel rail unless I jump it at relay on firewall. Then seems whatever tells the injector cpi to function does not do so as there seems no fuel is being injected. I replaced Fuel press regulator at on point due to typical leakage and after that it ran for a day. It's had moments of running and then it quits again. Last owner drove it 2 months out of a year and then when I bought it I got 2 months use and now it's down also over a year. Van has 47,000 miles on it which is nothing for an astro, it has a total fresh tune, only thing I haven't changed is the coil, pcm, and complete distributor,and the cpi unit itself. The van has had like 5 fuel pumps so clearly not the issue,filter, pickup coil, wires, Waterpump,idler pulley,tensioner, belt, and so on ALL from the States at a hefty price just to keep it maintained properly. My guess appt his point is the pcm. I read that people have had issues where they tell the fuel to pump up and tell the injector when to shoot and then have had periods of not sending such signals. I found that last owner had it in manila chevy 6 months with no result. Another chevy dealer offered to look at it but customer was told he would need to bring tools because they had non. So u see even dealers here are not trained and having a clue. In most of Asia things are done to discourage people from buying American vehicles, but that's a story in itself. My latest on van is I got a friend in states to get me a complete newaste distributor, a used pcm, and a coil, but he as if yet has not shipped it. I figured then all components would have been replaced except for the CPi. Still as if today I put key in and it just turns over dry, I jump wires to get fuel to fuel port on rail but then it doesn't seem to be getting fuel injected into the cylinders. Am pretty well lost. I did jump pins for codes but there are non surprisingly.(just the normal code 12 to start). It seems will take an act of the mechanic Gods to ever get this running again. Please help ! Thank You.

Last edited by Fixngo; 04-05-2018 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Fixngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 93 Chevy Astro 4.3 cpi fuel issue

What is the measured fuel pressure with the pump running? That is critical.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies