Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #1
Robert11
AF Newbie

2009 Dashboard Illumination: New Panel Avail. ?

Hello,

Have a brand new 2009 LaCrosse.

In the daytime, the dashboard odometer, and the other information that is presented there like MPG, trip odometer, etc. are literally unreadable. I guess that automatic sensor they have shuts off any dashboard illumination. If I put the parking lights on, e.g., it gets a very, very, slightlu better (rheostat is turned up to max.)
But still unreadable.

Anyone else experiencing this ?
Any suggestions on how to improve, before complaining to dealer, which will probably be hopeless.

Interestingly, I did find an older post in an Edmunds forum which I'll append here below:

The 2006-2007 Lucerne isn't "ll that" different from the 2009 Lacrosse. Guess GM knew about this problem a few years ago, but has done nothing except for the Lucernne
Is there a new dashboard for my 2009 LaCrosse that is available that I can make a loud case for ?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
-----------------------------------

There is a new high contrast intrument panel for your vehicle.
If it is still under warranty, the new I/P should be covered.

See this bulletin:

Instruments - Difficult to View Cluster in Bright Light
Bulletin No.: 06-08-49-021A
Date: December 05, 2006
TECHNICAL
Subject:
Difficult To View Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Display When Driving Toward Bright Sunshine (Replace Instrument Panel Cluster)
Models:
2006-2007 Buick Lucerne (U.S. and Export)
Certain VIN breakpoints (see dealer)
Supercede:
This bulletin is being revised to update the table of IPC part numbers. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-08-49-021 (Section 08 - Body & Accessories).
Condition
Some customers may comment that the instrument panel cluster (IPC) display is difficult to see when driving toward bright sunshine.

Cause
This condition may be caused by an insufficient color contrast in the IPC display.
Correction
Technicians are to install a new IPC with a display that has improved color contrast. Refer to the Instrument Cluster Replacement procedure in SI for more information. The original IPC part number may be obtained using a Tech 2(R).
Robert11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure