Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 11:56 PM   #76
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
Quote:
Originally posted by DblOvrhedCamron

Like I said b/f your claims don't add up 350 hp 9 sec street legal beetle with minor mods......minor modifications.............
read the post again you assclown....i said it can be street legal with minor mods.....that means with a few things unbolted/bolted back in.

th
Quote:
e slowest VW you know runs low 12's.....dude I'll be in VA next semester with hybridsol, you set your boys up so we can run em down, oh and by the way we have a 10 sec crx as well BUT ITS NOT STREET DRIVEN! You can be shure to see that in the near future I'm sick of all these lying f*cks.
(I want pictures) PROVE IT!
pm me with your number and when your going to be in town. you can take a hack at any of them or me....and ill only run about a bar. o yeh and btw...if you want to talk about WE.....WE have a sentra and a 240 turning 10's if yalls little crx wants to have some track competition.

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:58 AM   #77
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
if that race ever goes down i tthink someone should get that on cam i would like to see that race.
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #78
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Quote:

Like I said b/f your claims don't add up 350 hp 9 sec street legal beetle with minor mods......minor modifications.............the slowest VW you know runs low 12's.....dude I'll be in VA next semester with hybridsol, you set your boys up so we can run em down, oh and by the way we have a 10 sec crx as well BUT ITS NOT STREET DRIVEN! You can be shure to see that in the near future I'm sick of all these lying f*cks.
(I want pictures) PROVE IT!
HOLY SHIT! Are you serious man? Ya'll will be in VA? If so I'm meeting up with you guys. I'm racing on your side against ssshhh(burn) too. I don't know about him or his crx, but dbl and sol have a REAL crx that runs 10s! They burned my buddy HemiGeorge down with it
Definately let me know when you'll be in the area. Also, shh(burn), I never realized you were in VA. Where abouts are you located? I'll stop by and pay you a visit. I'll bring my digi too so i can take pics of your car for the board, since I'm assuming you just don't have access to a digital camera...
Old 06-27-2003, 07:18 AM   #79
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by Self

HOLY SHIT! Are you serious man? Ya'll will be in VA? If so I'm meeting up with you guys. I'm racing on your side against ssshhh(burn) too. I don't know about him or his crx, but dbl and sol have a REAL crx that runs 10s! They burned my buddy HemiGeorge down with it
Definately let me know when you'll be in the area. Also, shh(burn), I never realized you were in VA. Where abouts are you located? I'll stop by and pay you a visit. I'll bring my digi too so i can take pics of your car for the board, since I'm assuming you just don't have access to a digital camera...
Thats a great Idea Self, were going to be in harrisonburg but I'm willing to drive pretty much wherever. We were just going to take two cars b/c I'm driving back early, and he's staying for a few more days. May be trailering another down with the 4x4 if his crx shows potential for a race. (or this beetle)

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 07:23 AM   #80
DblOvrhedCamron
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DblOvrhedCamron Send a message via Yahoo to DblOvrhedCamron
Quote:
Originally posted by ssshhhh (_burn_)

pm me with your number and when your going to be in town. you can take a hack at any of them or me....and ill only run about a bar. o yeh and btw...if you want to talk about WE.....WE have a sentra and a 240 turning 10's if yalls little crx wants to have some track competition.
pffff you give me your number and I'll call you while im in VA. This way Self can contact you as well.
PS-self's Z28 could run you into the ground as well, and I don't think he's running 10's yet. (correct me if I'm wrong, I know you were close)

DblOvrhedCamron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 10:22 AM   #81
Self
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Self
Quote:

pffff you give me your number and I'll call you while im in VA. This way Self can contact you as well.
PS-self's Z28 could run you into the ground as well, and I don't think he's running 10's yet. (correct me if I'm wrong, I know you were close)
Never got into the 10s as I could never run a problem-free pass on a 250shot. Was hitting VERY low 11s though on a 175 with only a 1.9 60'. So I'm assuming mid 10s were very attainable on a 250 with a decent launch.
Sadley enough though, that's all in the past. Because of some budget...problems...I've since had to sell my mostly stock 96 Z28 AND part out my 95 Z28. The car is almost completely back to stock
Fortunately though, after all of that was done, I came back into some money. I was contemplating a new car just for a change, but really don't want a payment hanging over me. So I'm just going to start the modding back up! Taking a different route this time though. No nitrous, no FI, just a straight up all motor mammoth, hehe. And depending when you guys are down, I may be well on my way with that goal.
Do you have any clue when you guys will be down? I can meet you on your way to Harrisonburg btw. Or just go down there and meet you. It's only about 2 hours south of me. I know the JMU area well. I go to Virginia Tech and have to pass right through there everytime I go to or from tech. I'll PM you and sshh with my number a little later on, no prob.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:57 PM   #82
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Scrap the ls... get a b16, rev it to the stratosphere, and cram IT full of boost, crazy power, and at low revs it drives like an lx civic...

oh and rod/stroke ratio? 1.74:1 on the b16, definitely strong.
Old 06-30-2003, 11:23 PM   #83
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
I wouldn't scrap the LS..I like the extra torque of the 1.8s. Thats why the Turbo and LS/Vtec questions have been raised. Plus, the LS tranny is really good for turbo's, and the LS bottom end is good for it as well. I just prefer the added Torque of a 1.8. It will drive much stronger than the b16 pre turbo, and thats a big thing for me; decent torque. Especially being surrounded by hills and such. Thats why I went a 1.8 over a 1.6 awhile ago. Of coruse, you are correct, the B16 does have a much more ideal rod-stroke ratio. I guess it's all a matter of trade-off's in the end.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:36 PM   #84
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

hehe i was kiddin about the b16, but the matter of trade offs is shear truth, the best thing is to try and get a hold of the motor you want inside the car already.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:53 PM   #85
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Quote:
Originally posted by C32Bperformance
hehe i was kiddin about the b16, but the matter of trade offs is shear truth, the best thing is to try and get a hold of the motor you want inside the car already.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:58 AM   #86
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

Old 07-02-2003, 08:15 PM   #87
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Quote:
I did, over a year ago. I have a 97 LS B18B1 engine, tranny, and ECU. Thats what I want to start with as my engine. The LS tranny is prefact for my perfered route of FI (turbo). The LS bottom end is a real strong bottom end too. So like I said, I already HAVE the motor I want to start with. Now I am trying to figure out HOW I want to build it Build up the internals and turbo the crap outta it, or LS/Vtec it, build up the interna;s, and Turbo the hell outta it. I would never buy a pre-built motor or an LS/Vtec someone else did. I want to build the motor the right why, and how I want it done. I know the basic 2 routes I would go. As the previous 5 pages of posts show, I am just trying to decide on a route while I am still savin up the $$ to contuine. But as for getting ahold of the motor I want inside the car already? No way I am buying an already finished LS turbo or Vtec from someone else. Too many questions, Was it built right, was it abused (most likely it was) when they owned it? PLus, I already have the LS engine, tranny, and ECU installed in my car, and am very happy with it. So it's a waste of $$ to junk a low mileage LS for an already built one. I don't like buying things other people already built up or have done. I like to buy the starting point and then do the build-ups I want myself. Then the cat is truely my vision, and not someone elses.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #88
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

I hate arguing with people, and I should just agree with you, but the LS bottom end cant take near the punishment a b16 bottom end can. The LS bottom has way to much stroke for its own good. And actually, the B18 is better NA because of its descent torque w/o FI.

Smaller discplacement turbo engines will always defeat large displacement NA engines cuz the small turbo has the torque, and the revs. And we all know that is what hp is. But anyhoo the reason the b18 is weaker than the b16 is because of the rod/stroke ratio. The B18 will buckle under significant boost unless you go forged in the belly. And even then, a forged b16 will run circles around a forged b18 in terms of strength. The b16 is the closest to geometric perfection.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:23 AM   #89
ssshhhh (_burn_)
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ssshhhh (_burn_)
Quote:
the LS bottom end cant take near the punishment a b16 bottom end can. The LS bottom has way to much stroke for its own good. And actually, the B18 is better NA because of its descent torque w/o FI.
Quote:
But anyhoo the reason the b18 is weaker than the b16 is because of the rod/stroke ratio. The B18 will buckle under significant boost unless you go forged in the belly. And even then, a forged b16 will run circles around a forged b18 in terms of strength. The b16 is the closest to geometric perfection.
fuck you and your small motor

6.7 @ 211mph whooping kubo's ass all over the track
ssshhhh (_burn_) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #90
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

uh, fuck you too.

Im sorta confused.

I guess since I got a b16, im an "Ls hater"

This thread is about to be shut down im sure...