Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > March | Micra |Cube
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 11:24 AM   #1
shaunbaird
AF Newbie

Nissan Micra 2001 Y Reg (2001) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (Interior light)

Hello, I have a y reg 2001 nissan micra 1.0s and the interior light does not work. I have changed the bulb, checked the wires on the light unit, checked the fuses under tye dashboard and th fuse for 'room light' is a 10A, it seems fine, and I checked it with a new fuse, but this didnt work either, however what confused me is the lable on the fuse cover, says 10A BAT whereas the other fuse are labeled 10A IGN etc I assumed that maybe the fuse would be located near the BAttery ??? Also, the labelling for 10A BAT (for room light) was highlighted in white, whereas the other labels were normal white text on black lable so I looked at the fuses in the box next to the battery but they seem fine. Any suggestions please? I wonder if theres anywhere else I need to look?

PLEASE email me at: shaunbaird@someinfo4u.com to let me know when a reply has been made.
shaunbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
colzie
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Micra 2001 Y Reg (2001) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (Interior light)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbaird
Hello, I have a y reg 2001 nissan micra 1.0s and the interior light does not work. I have changed the bulb, checked the wires on the light unit, checked the fuses under tye dashboard and th fuse for 'room light' is a 10A, it seems fine, and I checked it with a new fuse, but this didnt work either, however what confused me is the lable on the fuse cover, says 10A BAT whereas the other fuse are labeled 10A IGN etc I assumed that maybe the fuse would be located near the BAttery ??? Also, the labelling for 10A BAT (for room light) was highlighted in white, whereas the other labels were normal white text on black lable so I looked at the fuses in the box next to the battery but they seem fine. Any suggestions please? I wonder if theres anywhere else I need to look?

PLEASE email me at: shaunbaird@someinfo4u.com to let me know when a reply has been made.
Your interior light derives its power from the battery circuit hence the BAT symbol i.e radio, interior light ,parking lamps

The IGN symbol is for Components that power up when the ignition is turned on i,e wipers,ignition system.

As for the light not working I would change the whole interior light unit these can be obtained fairly cheaply from most car breakers.If that does not cure the fault then as you have no burnt out fuses I would assume it is a wire breakage that is your fault.

Hope this is of some help to you

Colzie
Old 01-21-2006, 05:02 PM   #3
nissantech
AF Newbie

Re: Nissan Micra 2001 Y Reg (2001) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (Interior light)

Hi, the label is white because when the car is new the dealer has to fit this fuse. (transit fuse). it is removed to stop the battery going flat while the car is unsold.
As for the lamp not working, i would check the interior lamp contacts. make sure they touch the roller on the switch.
Does the light work in any position?
Old 10-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #4
cya23
AF Newbie

Question Re: Nissan Micra 2001 Y Reg (2001) ELECTRICAL PROBLEM (Interior light)

Hello, I have a year 2003 nissan march, and I just have the similar problem, but it's with the driver side parking lamp, tail lamp and the number plate lamp. I've downloaded a circuit diagram for micra(they may be similar with march, as can not find anything for March online), and found that all these lamps are from a 10A fuse inside of IPDM E/R (intelligent power distrubution module engine room) .

I have checked all the fuses under the dashboard and in the box in front of the battery, and they seem all fine. My question is should I look anywhere else, or where is the IPDM E/R and what does it look like, and where is the fuse shown in the diagram inside the IPDM E/R, please~~~??

Thx!!
cya23 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > March | Micra |Cube