Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 01:43 PM   #16
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: '94 Dodge Dakota (4x4 pickup) wiper motor delay

You probably need to check your wiring to the wiper motor then. Its possible they are corroded and there is increased resistance causing your issues,
Old 04-20-2020, 03:18 PM   #17
82Stang
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinacolmena View Post
No. There are other problems with the charging circuitry for the functionality of the windshield wiper delay module even when the delay module itself is functional and undamaged. The windshield wipers cease and desist from working at random times, or when the battery is insufficiently charged to drive the windshield wiper motor at full voltage even though it is sufficient to start the vehicle without the full functionality of the windshield wiper and washer subsystem module pursuant to a wiring diagram.
You said battery insufficiently charged? Low voltage will cause all sorts of electrical gremlins. Make sure #1) Battery is fully charged, and #2) Alternator is putting out at least 14.5 volts. The random thing, leads me to believe a wire is shorting somewhere. But you could spend all day looking.

18RD/YL WIPER SWITCH HIGH SPEED OUTPUT
18DG/YL WIPER SWITCH MODE SENSE
18DB FUSED IGN SWITCH OUTPUT (ACC/RUN)
18BR/WT WIPER SWITCH LOW SPEED OUTPUT

Those are four wires at wiper for 94, solid color connector should have 12V when ignition turned on. If it does have 12V and motor not working, pull the motor and bench test it.
Old 04-26-2020, 04:00 PM   #18
justinacolmena
AF Newbie

And actually it's a social problem. I have hometown "buddies" in the military, on the local police, and even at the U.S. Department of Justice.

They tamper with the windshield wiper circuitry. The windshield wipers will never work as long as I own the vehicle, and no vehicle I own in the future will ever have working windshield wipers.

There's nothing I can do about it.

I found every single connection loosened and ground wires ripped out.
justinacolmena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 04:15 PM   #19
justinacolmena
AF Newbie

They have keys and access to a locksmith shop to have keys made for my vehicle. 100% legal under-the-table in their court system.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:25 AM   #20
justinacolmena
AF Newbie

No.

Professional thieves and extortioners downtown Anchorage and Wasilla had been fooling with the wiring and figured out how to disable the headlights, horn, and alarm on my vehicle.

They saw me working with a 10mm wrench. I bought a replacement at the wrong store, and now I'm missing a 15mm wrench as well. If it's what I need to do the job, I won't have it when I need it, as long as those crooks are in town. There are plenty of those crooks and they work closely with local law enforcement, and they have plenty of inside help at the local courthouse. There are military police, who sometimes help out, but it's not really an official jurisdiction.... At the same time, it's really, really serious, and it's not a joke. At all.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #21
justinacolmena
AF Newbie

Unbelievably frustrating. I think I finally fixed the windshield wiper and washer problem.

Marine terminals for the battery + #4 cables soldered into copper lugs with silver-bearing plumbing solder, zinc chloride flux, and a blowtorch.

Almost an entire 50-foot spool of #10 THHN wire, and four relays, with a separate power supply wired directly from the battery terminal with inline fuses. Furthermore,
  1. washer motor
  2. wiper low-speed
  3. wiper high-speed
  4. wiper park
The relays were necessary to relieve the load on inadequate steering column wiring, and I also had to soak the ignition switch with penetrating solvent and blow it out thoroughly with an air compresser nozzle to clean out enough of the dust and corrosion to restore minimal functionality, and jiggle the connections behind the fuse box.

I still need to do more work to fix the wiring for the heater blower motor circuitry, before winter. There is also an air conditioning system, if I can rewire that as well, fix the leaks, charge it up, and get it working: there's still July and August, it might come in useful.

Shit ain't up to code in a car or truck like it is for residential or commercial building wiring, and it just doesn't work the the way it's supposed to for reliability and fire protection the way they design automotive wiring with inadequate safety margins.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:11 AM   #22
justinacolmena
AF Newbie

More trouble I found.

There was a connection that had been torn loose and prevented the headlights from working reliably.

There was also trouble with the heater blower motor wiring, which had been tampered with and shorted out in repeated attempts to cause a fire. This had caused the heater fan speed selector switch to melt, but I took it apart and reassembled it after straightening out the warped metal and scraping off bits of melted and charred plastic.

Off-beat U.S. Marshals and corrupt state troopers are at it again.

They got kids, and they want me dead, because they're finding it more and more difficult to fabricate criminal charges against me in cases where I haven't done anything wrong.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Dakota