Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only
Traffic Violations - U.S. only Discuss anything conerning speeding tickets and other traffic violations in the US.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
wwinny@yahoo.com
AF Newbie

Greeting

Hi everyone. I am 25 years old from VA. Well I just moved to NYC. Can anyone here help me with a question I have?

I am not sure if I have a wreckless driving record or not. And I am worried that it will exclude me from the sales positions I am applying for where a clean driving record is required.

Two summers ago, when I just graduated from college, I got this old car. I went all the way to northern VA to get it. Thus I had to drive it down 2 hours to Charlottesville, VA, where I stayed at. On the highway near the end of the trip, I looked down trying to turn on the radio and my car suddenly hit the rail on the left, spin in the middle of highway, and went off and hit a tree in the trenches on the right. For some reason I don't feel like the break is working really well. It was an old 500 car.

I went to court. I was told before the court to just say guilty. So I went through the entire motion not knowing what the judge said. So I don't know if I have a wreckless driving on my ticket or what.

I had to pay a fine of $20.00

Which was not that bad.

But now I wonder what exactly happened.

Can anyone tell me? And do you think I can go back and fight it?
wwinny@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #2
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: Greeting

Wow, there is alot to say here

1) If you're talking about a car sales position, and a clean record, they generally mean accidents too. For instance, the one you just described, may very well make you ineligible for hire.

2) I don't know who told you to go to court and just plead guilty, or why on earth they would tell you to do that. If you don't know what happened, obviously we don't know what happened, but generally, that is a poor course of action, unless you were cut a deal.

3) Whether you were cut a deal or not, I still don't understand, how you have no idea if you were charged with anything. I mean, you were 23, a college graduate, seemingly intelligent, how do you not know what the judge said??? I don't mean to come across as a prick, but I mean...how?

4) Your chance to fight anything, was when you went to court, once you pleaded guilty, and the trial ended, so did any chance of fighting it. 2 years later, nothing is going to change.

5) Do you not have any paperwork from the trial? Or anything.
I mean generally, when you get a ticket, you
a) have a copy of the ticket
b) get a letter for your court date
c) get a letter with the results of your court date
d) get a letter from the state dmv if any points are added to your license
e) get a notice from your insurance if/when they hike your rates due to points/charges

I just don't understand how you have no idea what the results of this incident were.

If you have no idea what happened, and you have none of the above paperwork, I would still imagine you could call any VA dmv and ask for a copy of your driving record, or go to their website and get one sent to you for $5.

Also, most states drop points issued in other states, and/or drop points after 3 years. So if you did have any charges, they may not show up at all if you recently got a NY license.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
imtheoneandonlyD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to imtheoneandonlyD

i would assume that a wreckless driving ticket would be WAY more than 20 bucks.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan

Actually, wreckless driving carries no points. It's the reckless that gets you.

Seriously though, get a copy of your driving record. That will show what you were convicted of in court.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Legal Issues > Traffic Violations - U.S. only