Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:06 PM   #31
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic
Re: cavs & sunfires

Well if he really has five grand saved up for a car, then I can't really say much. I never made it past $600 for my car. We can't control what he does, so it isn't something to debate over. Debates are for mallable situations.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
Old 02-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #32
logik23
Banned

Send a message via MSN to logik23

Damn you're serious...are you sure you're not a 65 year old semi retired guy who drives a Camry?
Old 02-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #33
orestes
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: cavs & sunfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23
So by your logic, the SRT-4 has a turbo so you're never going to get a turbo because you'll be associated with a car you don't like, is that it?
nah man when the hell did i ever say i dont like the SRT-4? I think they are really cheap and really fast. not what i would buy per se but still a decent car in my opinion. i respect that a stock SRT-4 could smoke me as my car is right now, let alone if he had mods. I specifically designate d that it seems the 2 door domestics seem to be lame, knowing that the (4 Door) SRT-4 was a good sporty domestic. Soooo yeah analyze my flawless logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
Old 02-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #34
logik23
Banned

Re: Re: Re: cavs & sunfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestes
nah man when the hell did i ever say i dont like the SRT-4? I think they are really cheap and really fast. not what i would buy per se but still a decent car in my opinion. i respect that a stock SRT-4 could smoke me as my car is right now, let alone if he had mods. I specifically designate d that it seems the 2 door domestics seem to be lame, knowing that the (4 Door) SRT-4 was a good sporty domestic. Soooo yeah analyze my flawless logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.

I just used the SRT-4 because it was mentioned earlier, but my analogy still stands, if you see a Civic with a turbo, will you hate them forever? No. The fact is, it's stupid to hate Recaro just because their seats are in the Ion and Cobalt, they are also in the Evo (or STi, I forget), so yeah....Retort to my analyzation of your logic now, BITCH!! haha jk.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #35
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by logik23
Damn you're serious...are you sure you're not a 65 year old semi retired guy who drives a Camry?
Hang on.... Let me check.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
Old 02-20-2005, 07:51 PM   #36
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

i think we can all agree that GM still has no idea what is going on. they saw the success of the srt4 and figured to throw a blower onto a dressed up cavalier, and also made a saturn version of it to boot. the last time they tried this was the GTO, which cant even compete with the vauxhall monaro, and the pontiac vibe, of which about 6 people in the country bought. seriously, i hope GM does figure it out sooner rather than later. i love nissans to death but if chevy comes out with something quality i would definitely buy it. good for dodge for seeing what performance cars are all about. i cant wait for the crossfire srt6 and also the dodge charger looks good too. as far as imports go, sadly Honda is in the same boat as chevy. they had a good thing going in the 90s and did absolutely nothing to improve on it. the only thing honda makes that is even remotely good is the RSX-S which is too expensive, and the TSX, which is also is kind of pricey for the performance level.

just my

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #37
logik23
Banned

The Cobalt SS is apperently a great handling car with good power and a good price, I think they did a good job with it, granted the Ion Red Line is one of the ugliest car out there, but the Cobalt SS isn't all that bad. I mean 210hp is top of class (except for SRT-4 and tied with RSX-S). And the SRT-6 is automatic only because it's from AMG and AMG doesn't do manuals. The Charger is a joke, I mean it'll be nice car, but a 4 door automatic named after a legendary muscle car? Bullshit! So obviously, I'm owning you here, what was your comment again? (And all the nerw Acuras are awesome, but you're right, all new Hondas suck.)
Old 02-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #38
R.W.240
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways...
as far as imports go, sadly Honda is in the same boat as chevy. they had a good thing going in the 90s and did absolutely nothing to improve on it. the only thing honda makes that is even remotely good is the RSX-S which is too expensive, and the TSX, which is also is kind of pricey for the performance level.

just my

Honda doesnt make the RSX and TSX, Acura does.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:18 PM   #39
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

yeah the cobalt is decent but it is just not origional in any way shape or form.
it isnt any better handling than a modded cavalier (because it has the same suspension), and bigass wheels? rofl what are they 18 or 19 inch rims on that bad boy? i bet you could shave 3 or 4 tenths EASILY with some 15s. oh yeah and speaking of weight it tips the scales at around 3000 lbs.....not exactly helping the supercharger out any in this area either.

the ion red line is a cobalt with a taller ride height and plastic body panels so you can see how the body stiffness and center of gravity will hurt handling performance a LOT (but it is a little lighter...)

SRT-6 is not a JGTC car but i would definitely get one for a daily driver/pimp-mobile

as for the charger, sorry i didnt hear about transmission choices but all muscle cars were fast(albeit 2-door) versions of family cars in the beginning anyways so im not that worried.

yeah actually i like all acuras but in my opinion they are just (comparatively) too expensive for performance vehicles

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #40
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: cavs & sunfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
Honda doesnt make the RSX and TSX, Acura does.

ummmm....yeah i guess technically but honda designed them and honda makes them in every country but the U.S.

Old 02-20-2005, 08:21 PM   #41
logik23
Banned

Quote:
yeah the cobalt is decent but it is just not origional in any way shape or form.
it isnt any better handling than a modded cavalier (because it has the same suspension), and bigass wheels? rofl what are they 18 or 19 inch rims on that bad boy? i bet you could shave 3 or 4 tenths EASILY with some 15s. oh yeah and speaking of weight it tips the scales at around 3000 lbs.....not exactly helping the supercharger out any in this area either.

the ion red line is a cobalt with a taller ride height and plastic body panels so you can see how the body stiffness and center of gravity will hurt handling performance a LOT (but it is a little lighter...)

SRT-6 is not a JGTC car but i would definitely get one for a daily driver/pimp-mobile

as for the charger, sorry i didnt hear about transmission choices but all muscle cars were fast(albeit 2-door) versions of family cars in the beginning anyways so im not that worried.
18 is big for a car that size and I'm not saying the new Charger is not fast, I'm saying that it's stupid that they name it wafter a legendary 2 door sports car! And it'll only be automatic, same for the Magnum and 300C.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:23 PM   #42
R.W.240
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: cavs & sunfires

Quote:
ummmm....yeah i guess technically but honda designed them and honda makes them in every country but the U.S.
Nevermind, I was gonna whore it up in here and piss everyone off but I decided it would be easier on AOL Street Race chat.

8:30 Central - AOL Whoring will Commence
Old 02-20-2005, 08:26 PM   #43
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
actually i like all acuras but in my opinion they are just (comparatively) too expensive for performance vehicles
oh yeah except the acura vigor...

Old 02-20-2005, 08:29 PM   #44
orestes
AF Fanatic

yes, you did mention the srt-4 , in a list of cars where it is like 2+ seconds faster than all of them in the 1/4, so not a good comparison. not a sound logical argument either buddy as you are reaching out of the defined class of cars to make an example. and i have good reasons for not having a high opinion of recaro , i know they are in nice cars (Evo, R32 Volkswagen, etc.) but they are also in shitty cars. They have become like GReddy to me now. Every POS car i see at school has GReddy exhaust and hella stickers, license plate frame, decals, all GReddy, everywhere. So its the same kind of thing, makes me want to avoid that brand, because its becoming popular among posers/ghetto people.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
Old 02-20-2005, 08:31 PM   #45
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: cavs & sunfires

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.W.240
No they dont, Acura makes them and relabels them as hondas for a Fee. Why would some Econo ricer brand make a luxury car like Acuras?
because its the SAME COMPANY!!!
in 1986 honda started its acura division in north america to sell luxury cars. acura is a company that was created and is run by honda. yes technically it makes its own decisions but ultimately it is under the same ownership. honda didnt want to sell its more luxurious cars in the US under the Honda badge because they were concerned that its economy-image would carry over to its nicer cars and no one would want to spend the extra money on another honda.

the RSX is still sold as the HONDA Integra everywhere else and the TSX is sold as the HONDA Accord type-R.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX