Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 08:56 AM   #1
Aquamander
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aquamander Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamander
Question Bumpstop....

I've lost one of my UCA bumpstops somewhere. (the one that dampens contact at full droop on the upper control arm.) I've tried to find them at various Nissan dealerships here but have had no luck. They say the closest one is in Illinois. I'm wanting to go wheeling tommorrow but I'm a little concerned about it slapping around or causing me trouble at full droop.

Does anyone know if Energy Suspension or other suppliers makes a aftermarket part for this? Do those things just snap in? How could I have lost the damn thing?
Aquamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:08 AM   #2
xterrabull
AF Enthusiast

Your best bet may be to call around (4x4 shops & performance shops) for the "low profile" urethane bumpstops (not sure who makes them, maybe energy suspension).
The low profile bumpstop may cause shock limit to be reached and/or CV binding at full droop; to remedy this , perhaps you could stack some washers to elevate the height of the low profile bumpstop to the stock height. Not the best solution, but should tie you over until you can get factory bumpstops.
Only thing I can think of at this moment....
xterrabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 11:21 AM   #3
xterrabull
AF Enthusiast

Here's a link for the low-profiles sold by 4x4parts:

Bump Stops

They're Energy Suspension
You can see the bumpstops have a stude & bolt combination; to raise the bumpstop, place washers between the back of the bumpstop & the mounting surface on the frame.

I lost a bumpstop a few weeks ago & thought "WTF? how did that come out?"
I ordered 1 from my local Nissan dealer & what do you know they gave me two when I only paid for one...!
Too bad I couldn't get the extra one to you soon (of course, I kind of like having a spare one!).
xterrabull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:49 PM   #4
Aquamander
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aquamander Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamander
Exclamation Thanks!

Yeah, I'm going to have to order a pair next week. I hope they have them in stock. 4x4 parts holesailors has them too, but I think they want about $12.00 for them.

What I did find out is, EM makes two variants of this bumpstop. I don't know the part # but one has a height of 11/16" and the other has a height of 3/8". I'm not too worried about the shock limit but what I am concerned with would be, like you said, binding the CV at full droop. Thanks for your generosity my friend, If I lived across town we'd be wheeling tommorrow!

This has foiled my wheeling trip tommorrow. I guess I could rig something up, but if it didn't work right, it would be metal against metal. The trails we are going to would be too punishing to try without something reliable there.
Aquamander is offline   Reply With Quote