Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #1
ghankerson
AF Newbie

Question Is your suspension like this?

I've been looking for a lift for my 02 SC fronty and I think I know what I want now. But looked under my truck and now I am confused. I know the SCs are a little lower than other frontys, but my leaf springs are under the axle, not over. I thought all of the fronty's and xterras were the over type.

www.mrski.com/nissan/rearsuspension.jpg

I wonder if a regular 2wd lift like from AC or Calmini will fit my SC. Also, I have sway bars F & R. Can I use those too with the lift? I think I need to call them to find out. Anybody lifted a 2wd SC X? And look at the bump stops, they are huge!
ghankerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 11:35 PM   #2
evergreen
AF Enthusiast

xterras and 2wd frontys are spring under in the rear. you can use the sway bars but you'll need extensions.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:28 PM   #3
ghankerson
AF Newbie

Cool, I thought maybe my SC was totally different. Just ordered some US wheels for $32 buck a pop! That is sooooooo cheap! Got em in 15x8 6x5.5 bolt pattern with a 4.75" backspacing.

Here is what it should look like after I'm done:

Old 06-28-2003, 08:37 AM   #4
Aquamander
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aquamander Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamander
Post wheels are okay but watchout...

There have been some real concentricity issues with the Rockcrawler wheels. Those look to be the same. I had a set, and shortly after I had them installed, I never seemed to be able to get them to balance out. Suspecting something, I took them to work and mounted them to our big lathe and indicated the centerhole, and then the boltholes. I found that they were out of concentricity by about 3/16" to as much as 1/4". That is a little too much for my liking.

I'm not saying they are bad, or that yours will be that way, just a heads up. You actually have to indicate the edges in order to see the problem. The only other way will be to add a *bunch* of weight to balance them out. Those wheels are stamped out and then welded to the outer rim as far as I could tell.
Aquamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:14 PM   #5
ghankerson
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail