Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Citroën BX Soupapes

Happy happy happy.....

Just got my hands on this 18 years old beauty, ok got some work to do on here but nothing that cant be done with a little patient and tender care.
Madame is one of 1914 Soupapes' made in 1990 so it's becoming a rather unusual car out on the roads, at least here in Sweden.

Engine runs fine and puts out 147 hp in standard configuration here in Sweden and just loves to rev a bit. With just 1065 kg in weight the power is quite ok for the moment but if I feel it's worth the money and time there will be more.
200 hp is a figure I've seen from other owners but that is going to take some serious money to achieve I believe
She growls and howls so beautiful and keeps asking for more, feels like my driving license is in danger

Niclas
proosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Re: Citroën BX Soupapes

Story continous.

Have to get me a new hydraulic pump as the one in it now has been driven dry so it's not in any good shape anymore, stupid owner before me

Well, not that expensive but it feels a bit dumb not to check the oil level from time to time in the hydraulic system. I think the bad guy in this eqation was the right hydraulic strut as it suddenly began to poor out oil through a badly mounted return pipe. Above that it couldn't maintain ride hight without the pump working all the time instead of just filling the main accumulator. It kept falling down a bit and then rise again and at the same time whip the oil to foam giving a somewhat crazy steering

Off to the scrapyard, get another one for about $13 and then tinker with it for 30 minutes and she was fine again

As if that wasn't enough the right wheel bearing started to make noice the other day. So I went back to the scrapyard and had a look but it wasn't anything that was useful so I'll have to buy a new one and that is going to take some more money compared to the strut.

At least she got some new studded tires yesterday so now she can be driven during winter time.

'Til next time!
Niclas
Old 11-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Well, nothing much has happend but I got the new wheel bearing. Going to get it from the post office tomorrow and change coming weekend. Not a very hard operation but I expect to spend a couple of hours in the garage to look over some other things while I'm at it.

Bought me an open air filter and after that I felt the car being slow, change back to the original filter but no change!?
Something else is wrong as it's not the same low range torque as before, so that's what I'll try to fix also.
As it is now it's as slow as the big family car, a Citroën C5 Break with less horse power and more weight.

She'll be up and running in no-time, I hope!

Niclas
Old 03-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Even though interest seems a bit low I'll keep this updated as things go by.
Don't know what made the car lose power, but it's back again!?
Just ordered some fresh tires for the upcoming summer season, nothing fancy as I run a very thight budget. Going to use the steelies that got left over from our family car, the Citroën C5 Break. The biggest change will be 15 inch wheels instead of the original 14 inch with lower profile then before. It will look a bit like a stealth vehicle with them on, maybe I'll paint a thin red line on the rims circumference to light things up a bit?

It still needs a better hydraulic pump but they're a bit hard to come by as it has a special design just for this model. All other BX's has the same kind of attachment points but not the Soupapes Why could'nt they just make the fittings for the same kind of pump as the rest? Almost everything else is interchangeable between the different BX-models!

I'll post some pictures of the stealth car when the steelies is on in a month or so.

Niclas
Old 04-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Hi!

It's me again, talking to myself
Anyway, got the summer tires on and as planned I painted a red stripe to the rims. They may look like steelies but they're actually alloy wheels, something I didn't know before the guys that shifted the tires pointed it out to mee and when you look at them there is quite a lot thicker material in them.

The hydraulic pump is changed, But as I did that I found out that the one in the car was alright. Some stupid person omitted one of the bolt that's supposed to hold it properly in place. That and the fact that neither the highpressure line or the other bolt was properly tightend made the pump slip form time to time

So here's some picuters of my pocket rocket as it stands for the moment.

Put on Hankook Ventura V12 and they seem to be a really good choice.

'Till later!
Niclas
Old 08-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
proosen
AF Enthusiast

Just the other day I gave an Audi TT Turbo something to think about, passed him with 190 km/h on the meter and he had to work some time before he caught up with me. He he....

Niclas
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
jarl
AF Newbie

Congratulations on your BX
Just a quick comment: you aware soupape means "valve" in french, right? That is, your car is a "16 soupapes".

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > General Discussion