Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 11:22 PM   #1
drummerene
AF Newbie

Suggestion for Nissan Sentra 2007 S 2.0L parts?

I'm replacing my rotors, coiled struts, battery and bake pads on this vehicle. Can anyone reccomend me some parts that would suit my vehicle for a reasonable price point? I was suggested these parts but want to know your guys take on them or if I am overpaying? Also will the battery suggested here be okay to run better audio equipment if I make an upgrade on things like speakers and headunit? What about an AGM battery? (I don't keep the engine off when playing music) Or would I maybe also need to replace something like the alternator for better performance? etc? I don't know much so came here to ask...

Akebono ACT915A brake pads for $55

Everstart Maxx battery for $109 (has 3 year warranty)

KYB SR4214 and SR4215 coiled strut assembly for $115 each

Brembo Brake rotors 09.B6322.10 for $55 each

Thanks!
drummerene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:37 AM   #2
aleekat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Suggestion for Nissan Sentra 2007 S 2.0L parts?

Old 03-25-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: Suggestion for Nissan Sentra 2007 S 2.0L parts?

drumm,
Welcome to Automotive Forums..
aleekat is right, rockauto and many other online can have most everything you need for much less than the parts store..
that said, amazon can also be even cheaper than many online parts stores, and still has the ability to 'look up' your specific auto..
as to the parts you posted;
i have never used akebono; i hear they are good product, but if they are not an upper grade carbon/metallic, carbon/kevlar, etc.- at $55, look for another brand name.. bendix and raybestos have been around for years and a standard semi-metal or upgrade should run from $25-45 for the set..
the everstart maxx @ walmart for 109. is a good price, considering anything goes wrong; walmarts are abound in america.. you mentioned aftermarket stereo equip..
if you can fit a larger group size battery in your battery tray; the larger the CCA or AH, the better when you start to add more power draw..
also, you mentioned AGM, or even gel cells will be superior quality to any acid/wet-filled battery, as they do not suffer drain from hot/cold elements as much, and can be mounted in much different positions w/o threat of leakage or venting (sometimes)..
KYB is a very good product, and glad to see you chose whole assemblies.. no specialty tools required, and you cannot lose an arm or neck with an enclosed strut; whereas trying to swap cartridges can be difficult and dangerous; for new or pro workers..
and $115 per is a fair price for KYB..
again with the brand name: brembo are good products, but shop around.. you can find quality 'good' products for possibly half that cost; or if you are willing to spend $55-60 per rotor, look at amazon, or other online aftermarket brands, and for that price you could be getting drilled and slotted rotors.. i know your sentra is not a vette, but it is great to have no chatter and superior stopping power..
hope this helps..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)