Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Camry/Camry Hybrid/Vista
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
wagslick
AF Newbie

Text button on Radio

I just bought an 09 Camry SE. It's got the JBL stereo and the 6 disk changer. So far, I love the car. After playing with the radio, I am unable to get any result from the "Text" button on the radio. I've tried different FM stations, tried holding the button down, but I don't get any text of the songs or station ID. Someone on Yahoo answers suggested the button was broken but I test drove another Camry who's Text button wasn't working either. Did I just have the dumb luck of driving the only two Camry's with faulty text buttons or am I doing something wrong?
wagslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Mike Gerber
AF -Advisor

Re: Text button on Radio

I believe I have the same JBL system in my 07 XLE. That TEXT button only works while a CD is playing, and that CD must contain text data. This and more info about the button is on page 195 of the 07 owner's manual. Your 09 manual should be similar.

Mike
Mike Gerber is offline   Reply With Quote