Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Envoy
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
aarmento
AF Newbie

New Here..have a brake question..

I'm getting ready to replace the front brakes on my wifes 2003 envoy slt xl. Does anyone have a link to a manual or a how - to pages that might come in handy for torquing everything back to specs? I've done many brake jobs in the past but most I've had service manuals for, and this one I don't as of yet.

And yes, I will be doing ceramic pads. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm doing the job this morning/afternoon so ya know. Thanks!
aarmento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: New Here..have a brake question..

Welcome to AF. Ceramic pads will require either new or resurfaced rotors. Very straight forward job, wheels 100 torque, caliper bolts about 35, caliper bkt 85.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #3
aarmento
AF Newbie

Re: New Here..have a brake question..

Thanks for the quick reply!

Turns out that I don't need new pads or rotors right now at all. I believe the funny noise we heard when braking hard was from one of two things. One being it happened after a trip to the car wash, but it was many hours later, and the other was, upon inspecting the pads, I noticed they were NO way near wear indicators but there was a heavy buildup of crud and dust in the slot in the middle of the pads. I cleaned this out, made sure everything was sliding freely and put it back together. Took it out for a test drive, slammed on the brakes a few times, and no noise whatsoever.

I'm estimating another 20k miles on these pads from the amount of pad left on them, so looks like I will write this info down and save it for the future. But thanks for the info, as I really appreciate it!
aarmento is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD