Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 05:02 PM   #1
Setanta
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Setanta Send a message via AIM to Setanta Send a message via Yahoo to Setanta
AF and defamation of character.

I'm wondering on what the policy on this is as the fact that this post has been allowed to go through by the moderators is cause for concern:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...&postid=538909

Quote:
Originally posted by Moss1O6GTi
hmmmmmmm..........That post brings up a good point.........Remember Honda Asia/Pacific???? Probably not....BUT two anonymous members made it thier chatroom, thus some people disapeered (sp) and then when one of those anonymous folk left, the whole forum collapsed.......

So point taken Mr T
Now a simple check makes it very obvious that I am one of the offenders here and seeing as the post has been viewed more than 50 times means that this idea has been spead.

I would like to know how the chatroom was made our own, why THE moderator of the forum (moppie) did not object, verification that people disappeared as a result of this (I would suggest checking this very carefully, as the forum itself has a number of posts adressing when and why these people no longer post) and finally, HOW the forum collapsed, as people still use it today.

A further suggestion would to be to see how many threads were initiated by the two offenders and whether the topics were aimed at each other in the so-called takeover bid, or were they aimed at the forum in general.

I do not think this belongs in a PM or on ICQ etc as it was initiated on this forum and allowed to remain without clarification by the moderators (one of which used the APAC forum).

Personally, I would like to have a full explanation as to how these "facts" led to the collapse of the forum. Of course, the thread could be deleted to make it go away and I could be banned etc for making a fuss - but this is not a flame. simply an effort to resolve this issue. I find it very interesting that a person is allowed to imply something in a thread that is supposed to be nullifying this behaviour. Even if you take into consideration no names were used, a look at APAC shows who the more prolific posters are and people can make assumptions there.

Nice to get convinced to come back and then see this sort of rumour being propogated around the forums, it really is.

www.performanceforums.com
Old 08-06-2002, 05:38 PM   #2
taranaki
Banned

No connection was inferred in the original post that I made regarding this kind of behaviour.Clearly Jared is drawing a parallel between what he believes has happened in the past,and what I do not wish to happen in the future.

To clarify the situation as I see it,the APAC forum has not 'collapsed',it has merely changed pace a little.It's a very quiet and sociable forum in its own way,and represents the ideal level at which the AF boards should operate....a mixture of technical and social information shared among like-minded marque enthusiasts.

I find it wonderfully ironic that Moss has chosen to single out the APAC forum as an example of forums spoiled by over-zealous posting,the current spate of ragging in OT has made it neccesary to advise several OT users to tone down their remarks.

I do not personally condone his comments and suggest that he looks to his own halo before making negative comments about other members.

As to the post being viewed more than 50 times,the thread hasbeen viewEd that many times,not the later posts that form part of it.Last time I looked,Jared hadn't posted,and this morning,Ican see no trace of the thread.Unfortunately,in choosing to quote it,you have drawn further attention to it.

If you really have issues with the behaviour of another member,take them to the moderators.It is much easier for us to deal with the molehills before they get blown up into mountains.

And for the record...It was not I who moved your thread...I know that you are sensitive about such issues.
Old 08-07-2002, 02:25 AM   #3
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
2 Things here.............................1st Setanta- why did you have to post this twice.......Are you trying to turn AF aginst me or some shit like that????

2nd Whether you like it or not, APAC has gone to the dogs, when I first joined up to AF a majority of my time was spent in APAC, it was fun there were a variation of different people, but after threads like the huntsmen one people started to get tired of it all and left, as only 3 people only got in ont that thread.

Since then I have seen about 1 or 2 posts every 3 days, bugger all of the origional members, I have sighted there (Hell even our Skyline crew could be found there evey now and then) if you want tech-tips though, why don't you just turn to the forum that AF has given for your model of car??? Thats what gets me, still if there is one piece of credit I have to give it is that it is a good place to announce drags, dyno-days and meet-ups.

Why didn't I mention OT??? I am trying to put that nasty experience of a forum (That btw...Should not have happened) behind me, so should all you.....

Although I am sorry if I offended anyone

Lets hope the Moderators see the utter stupidity and pointlesness of this thread and lock it
Old 08-07-2002, 06:48 AM   #4
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Done.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not