Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
NoseslideSam
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NoseslideSam
Civic valve cover/idle

The 87 civic I have was in a fender bender about 5 yrs ago and I'm fixin up the front but one of the main issues is it's burning oil or something near the valve cover...I dunno why, it might be bent or something anyone have any ideas? Also I was messin with the idle and I got it to idle but I have to wait about 10min, drive it around and then it idles at prob 800rpms. Does anyone know what would be the problem? Also it doesn't have as much kick as it should could this be form messing with the idle and now I have to fix the butterfly, somehow which I wouldn't know how, it looks impossible to reach. I would appreciate any help...Could I need a tune up?
NoseslideSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:11 AM   #2
87civicfranky
AF Enthusiast

Re: Civic valve cover/idle

one little trick you can do is when your car idle's....ajust the throtle screw (to the bottom right if your facing the car....) ajust it to oh at least 900,to 1000 range.....that will help alot....and whem you say kick....is it good kick or bad kick????
87civicfranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
NoseslideSam
AF Newbie

Well it idles really good after I drive it around for a little...I dunno I guess it's not that big of a deal. I was drivin it around the other day and floored it and wasn't going very fast at all. My friend said it feels like it has around 60 horse power. I dk I might just clean my spark plugs and get a tune up. Don't know much about cars yet but I'm wanting to learn because I love messing with my car.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:19 AM   #4
QuackerStacker
AF Enthusiast

well it takes a little time for the car to warm up about 10 to 15 min as for the " KICK" that you are missing it could be a few things first thing you might want to do is start the car run it if you want let it warm up then under your passenger seat you will find a box that is your ECU your cars computer.
check to see if you have and little lights that are blinking or just on if so write down the once that are lighting and if it is blinking or steady you may also want to check your fule filters the air to fule mix may not be correct
or you just might need a tune up
Old 06-23-2004, 07:09 AM   #5
87civicfranky
AF Enthusiast

ummm.. is his car F/I or carb???? if it feels like it has 60 HP then i think its carb....
Old 06-25-2004, 05:31 PM   #6
NoseslideSam
AF Newbie

Ya it's a carb...why would it feel like that?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #7
87civicfranky
AF Enthusiast

dont get frustrated....these car need a little extra cash to go faster.........so dont think you'll be able to lite up the tires going from first to second gear.. ......

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '71-'87 Civic | CRX