Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: What we drive in Europe. Wich one would you pick?
Citroen Xsara 3 8.57%
Ford Focus 3 8.57%
Opel Astra 3 8.57%
Peugeot 307 9 25.71%
Renault Mégane 3 8.57%
Seat Leon 2 5.71%
VW Golf 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 01:12 AM   #76
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyBuickGS
Quote "The 3800 series GM engine makes as much hp and more torque than comparative European engines and it gets better mileage. So leave pushrods alone":alien2:

But for every satisfied owner (ie. You) there are a lot of disatisfied owners of Holden Commodore/Statesman/Caprice V6's that would beg to differ, the Gen III V8 though is another example of how good pushrods CAN be with a little thought :coolguy:

Stephanel1: That answered my question quite well thanks I was picturing a sedan though always pays to have a load-lugger
Old 07-06-2002, 02:02 PM   #77
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
and you drive at 30 mph... or almost.
or my average speed on the highway is 75-80mph (approx. 130kph)
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 07-06-2002, 02:11 PM   #78
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

or my average speed on the highway is 75-80mph (approx. 130kph)
is that you're personal average speed or the speed limit?!? the two might be very different When i last went to America (Florida) the limits was either 40 or 50 on the fastest roads
Old 07-07-2002, 01:11 AM   #79
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
Average US Highway speed limit is about 65mph today. (average, not highest).
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Old 07-07-2002, 12:00 PM   #80
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

gang star, be careful, you'll have an accident : 75mph, oh, you're crazy ! That's what I said, you drive slow in North America, on the highway and interstate mainly. Here (in France), the speed limit is 80-85 mph (95 in italy next year, unlimited in Germany) on the highway, and you can drive untill 100 (160 kmh) without having problems with cops. Many people drive over 100mph.

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Old 07-07-2002, 01:09 PM   #81
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
gang star, be careful, you'll have an accident : 75mph, oh, you're crazy ! That's what I said, you drive slow in North America, on the highway and interstate mainly. Here (in France), the speed limit is 80-85 mph (95 in italy next year, unlimited in Germany) on the highway, and you can drive untill 100 (160 kmh) without having problems with cops. Many people drive over 100mph.
I said that's my average speed
meaning that is what I'm at just cruising comfortably, not speeding.
Most highways like the interstates are 65mph limit but most people drive at around 80mph or more (like fliquer said 65 is avg.)
and you said that the highways are 30mph? maybe in a residential area.
On highways I think the minimum speed is 45mph, otherwise you get a ticket.

Also in Dakota (I think it's Dakota) there are no limit freeways just like Germany.

Penzoil: I wouldnt compare Florida to the rest of the U.S. since that's pretty much a retirement state, and mostly old people live there

I'm surprised you guys can even get those little go-karts to go that fast on your highways haha
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 07-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #82
Pennzoil GT-R
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
95 in italy. damn u guys are lucky. last time i went to mainland europe i wasnt able to drive so i guess i neva took much notice of roads. the highest limit on UK roads is 70, with no signs of changing. cops will b on ur ass if u go above 75

unfortunately the autobahns arent gonna be unlimited for much longer, and the ones that are are too busy too speed on anyway
Old 07-07-2002, 08:50 PM   #83
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Many people drive over 100mph
I wish we could do that legally over here..
Cone Filter

RIP #05
Old 07-08-2002, 05:41 AM   #84
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

gang starr : we've not only little cars (like Twingo or Lupo) which are driving mainly in towns. But these cars ca go untill at least 100mph. And cars which are on the highways are often compact or sedans (Golf, 307, C5, E class and more). These cars can afford at least 110mph for the less powerfull.
So our "go karts" are better than you boats with a bad handling and poor motors : for example, 110 mph for a Camaro V6 : hahahaha !!! Plus, these kind of cars are drinking a lot of gas, thanks for environment and our wallet...
When I said 30mph, it was exagerated of course... I thought you saw that.
80 on an highway ? I remember driving at 85 (it was limited a 65, in nevada or California) on these roads, and I had a car of cops behind me, with all lights : I thought I had kill somebody !

Old 07-08-2002, 08:55 AM   #85
Fliquer
AF Enthusiast

I dont think you know what you are talking about...you're saying a 110 mph capacity makes your "karts" better than our "boats"? And what makes you think our "boats" are gas guzzlers? And who wants to be driving a stiffly suspensioned, cramped little golf on a long highway trip anyway?

If you want to get into a usa vs europe debate you'd better be prepared for it.
Cone Filter

RIP #05
Old 07-08-2002, 09:34 AM   #86
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

I said that because gang staar said that "our go karts" could'nt go at 100 or something like that. I don't say that the max speed is most important, and I'll never say that because it's false. But that's not because a car is small that it will not be able to go at a good speed on the Highway.
I had a Golf III and made a Paris-Mastricht at an average of 170kmh, I wasn't asleep because it's a good car. Of course, it will be a little bit better in a 607 or a 5 series, but it's not the same price.
A last thing : do not forget that many people here have a medium or big car for the WE or hollidays and a small one to go to work in big cities. Another thing, generally, the women have a small car and the men, a bigger one. I thing it's stupid but it's an explaination why you see as much little cars here.
PS : I don't want a war btw EU and US !

Old 07-08-2002, 05:22 PM   #87
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
gang starr : we've not only little cars (like Twingo or Lupo) which are driving mainly in towns. But these cars ca go untill at least 100mph. And cars which are on the highways are often compact or sedans (Golf, 307, C5, E class and more). These cars can afford at least 110mph for the less powerfull.
So our "go karts" are better than you boats with a bad handling and poor motors : for example, 110 mph for a Camaro V6 : hahahaha !!! Plus, these kind of cars are drinking a lot of gas, thanks for environment and our wallet...
When I said 30mph, it was exagerated of course... I thought you saw that.
80 on an highway ? I remember driving at 85 (it was limited a 65, in nevada or California) on these roads, and I had a car of cops behind me, with all lights : I thought I had kill somebody !
uh.. i was jus jokin. I said i'm surprised they can, not that they cant.

And I have no idea why you're bringing up american cars? American cars are crap for the most part.

And i never said oh we drive more chevy impalas and mustangs.... i said I see more BMWs, Mercedes, etc. around here than in europe.

You guys just have alot of little cars, while most of our cars are 3 series size.
Most cars driven around cities (well everywhere) are 3 series size here.
The highest selling cars are Honday Civics, I wouldnt call those "boats" that are driven around america.

Like somebody else mentioned in england there were a 1000 Toyota Camrys sold and here it was something like 400,000+
thats the difference right there...
Old 07-08-2002, 06:22 PM   #88
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
FUCK!!!!!!! All you Europeans and Yanks should be bloody greatful that you can travel that fast

In New Zealand the open road and Highway spped limit is 60Mph OR 100 Km/h (Although I HAVE pushed it past 100MPH before on the Desrt Road)
Old 07-08-2002, 06:45 PM   #89
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Moss1O6GTi
FUCK!!!!!!! All you Europeans and Yanks should be bloody greatful that you can travel that fast

In New Zealand the open road and Highway spped limit is 60Mph OR 100 Km/h (Although I HAVE pushed it past 100MPH before on the Desrt Road)
lol i remember primera man sayin that its getting worse too
You guys have cameras that catch you speeding!

We had those for a couple monthes, then people complained that it's invasion of privacy and no more

i feel for you my friend.... keep your head up
Old 07-08-2002, 10:23 PM   #90
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr

lol i remember primera man sayin that its getting worse too
You guys have cameras that catch you speeding!

We had those for a couple monthes, then people complained that it's invasion of privacy and no more

i feel for you my friend.... keep your head up
You talking about the Cops on the bridges (Overpasses behind trees) or Red light Cams? That's what we got here. Nobody I know got one, but the red light cam takes a pic of your plate as you sail thorugh the red and mails you a fine. Damn police efficiency!

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons