Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
notreallyamoron
AF Newbie

ac clutch locked up, now wont start....

I have a 1999 Eclipse, 2.0 non turbo. I drove the car home the other night with no problems. I shut off the car as normal. When I went to start it the next day, it wouldn't even turn over. I found the AC compressor clutch locked up. It was preventing the belt from turning. I tried to start it a few times before I even opened the hood to look. Today I decided to loosen the belt, letting it slip over the AC pulley and start the car. It will attempt to start, but will not run. It seems to be out of time. My question, could me attempting to start the car while the serpentine belt was seized have caused the timing belt to slip? If so, what should be my next step?
notreallyamoron is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis