Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
In honor of Earth Day (S2k, Mustang) + Spec V Bonus

In case many of you didn't know, today (well, thirty nine minutes ago today), it was Earth Day. So, after finally fixing the boost leak (I think, only cost me $150), I decided to celebrate Earth Day by unbolting my exhaust, and running an open down pipe, burning some Oh So Sweet Shell 93 Octane in honor of the Blood God Ku.

I gutted, or at least half gutted, the primary cat a while back, and a buddy of mine fabbed up a down turned tip to put on the end of the downpipe so I didn't set the underside of my car on fire. Then, it was off to work for the boring old daily grind. Oh, running an open downpipe is god damned ridiculously loud, even on my baby turbo and fifteen pounds of boost.

On lunch, I needed to top of the tank so that it wasn't something to worry about after work. On the way to the gas station, a lowered and canned S2k with some cheesy Time Attack style wheels started jumping around traffic in front of me. I said fuck it, why the hell not, and rev matched down into forth, taking off after him. Made my way through some light traffic, and as soon as it opened up, he jumped on it.

I wasn't too worried with his two car head start, I've rolled S2ks before running like shit and a catted midpipe. I punch it in forth at sixty, and with no more spitting, pissing, or hesitation I took off. Ran out forth gear and shift into fifth a bit early at 90, already closing the gap pretty fast. Stick on it through fifth, we are doors at ~110, and I really can't hear his car at all. By 115, I'm already pulling away from him, and by 120 I shut down with his nose at my rear fender. I let off and he flies by and then gets on the brakes. He wanted to play around again, but the little yellow light of d00m was on, so I just waved him on.

Next race, heading home from work. Get out of the stupid rush hour traffic, cursing because I still have no clue how the hell there is that much traffic on a five lane highway. I need to find a way to take the toll way from now on. Anyways, I get out and decide to take the scenic route home to get over a shit day at work. On the side way, I run into the standard late model Mustang. V8, louder exhaust (do they just come from the factory with a Borla/Magnaflow/Flowmaster option or something?), and a couple of stickers. I downshift into forth to see if I can get him to run, and as soon as I get even with him he punches it.

I have to admit, I kinda like the way those Rustang V8s sound over the SBC...that is until you start camming the SBC. Anyway, I digress. I punch it right as he does, so he doesn't really get a jump on me. I pull on him right away, so probably exhaust only, maybe intake, and roll out through forth. No lift shift to fifth, and no cars in front of us, so I stay on it through 120. By 130, I think he's let off because he is about four cars back and still falling. I let off, my brakes have gone to hell so I just let gravity slow me down, and the 'Stang pulls up next to me, window down. Compliments me on my car, I do the same, and he waves and turns off the road.

Ah, two nice kills with an open downpipe and gutted cat on Earth Day. A nice way to celebrate, huh? The best part was, even though I got the boots leak fixed, car still runs waaaay rich. At one point, I pulled up next to a Prius, drive had the window down. He put it up, I dunno if it was the sound or the smell of unburnt Shell 93 Octane...

BONUS RACE:

Been trying to figure out what exactly I raced for a few weeks now, but this happened a while back. According to a number of forum guys I've spoken with, he is supposed to be the fastest NA Sentra SE-R Spec V in the area. I've seen the mod list, its got everything and then some. I'm sure its supposed to be pretty fast.

I was taking a nice long Saturday night drive, waiting to meet up with a bud with a big turbo Civic when I saw two sets of equal color, size, height, shape, etc. HIDs weaving in and out of traffic behind me.

"Well," I ask myself, "What douchebaggery is this?" (Spell check wants to replace douchebaggery with carpet bagger...)

Turns out to be two fairly identical looking SE-Rs, the last gens that didn't look stupid, one black, one silver, both equally sticker'd. They do the ricer fly by, and me being, well, me, I chase.

I follow them through some light traffic where the black one takes off on me. I'm to slow in reacting, my car is only running to 13 pounds and falling off hard, and sputtering whenever I punch it so he gets away a bit and hits the flashers.

Oh fuck that shit. Its on like Donkey Kong.

I pull up next to him, ignoring the silver one, and hear him drop it down a gear. The silver one (supposedly fastest NA Spec V in the area) comes up next to me on the right, the black one is on the left, and a stock MkIV GTI comes out of nowhere and gets behind me. Yeah ok.

I honk us down from sixty in forth, and punch it on the third honk. Black and silver car each get a quick five-ten feet as my car decides maybe it wants to get going, and sputters and pops and hesitates. Finally decides "ok lets go", and I stop the pull of the two Sentras, the silver one out in front of the black by about a quarter of a car. I quickly walk in the black one, then the silver one, pulling away from both of them. No idea where the black one is, and I have a half length on the silver one when I flat shift to fifth at about a buck. I stay on it in fifth, slowly but steadily pulling on the silver one as long as I have clear highway.

I start to see traffic up ahead, stay on it, wind it out through a buck thirty five, hit the flashers, and ease of the gas and slowly onto the brakes. Neither one pulls up to me again after that, and they side step the route I'm taking by jumping on the toll way. I plan to chase, but down feel like digging out the toll tag, so I let them get on.

I talked to a buddy of the silver Spec V owner, and he informed me that I had about two and half, three lengths on the Spec V. Again, this is with my Speed that is running like shit. Stuttering all over the place, bucking when I punch it between 3000 and 3500 rpm, spiking thirteen and three quarters pounds and dropping off hard to eleven, and the like.

So, fastest Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V in the area? Still got its shit stomped by a piss poor running Speed3!
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: In honor of Earth Day (S2k, Mustang) + Spec V Bonus

nice! just so you know (not defending the specs), that a fully bolted(i/h/e/cam/tune) spec can pray to get into the 13s on street tires. sounds like good fun on earth day! way to put the earth to good use!

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:59 AM   #3
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiquae07 View Post
nice! just so you know (not defending the specs), that a fully bolted(i/h/e/cam/tune) spec can pray to get into the 13s on street tires. sounds like good fun on earth day! way to put the earth to good use!
Yeah I figured in NA form they aren't anything to be afraid of. I remember racing an I/E one back with the 325i when all I had was the intake, and still pulled it from a sixty punch and a dig.

Here is the list of the Spec V:

cold air intake
nismo header jet ceramic coated inside and out
exhuast
custom built mid pipe
intake manifold spacer
throttle body spacer
cams
exhaust cam sprocket
engine torque dampner
stage 2 competition clutch and 10 pound fly wheel
tein basic coil overs
drag rims
hids
custom built strut bars
balance shaft removal
optima battery
apexi groundin unit
slotted roters front and back
performance pads

It was tuned by someone locally, no idea how much power though.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan View Post
intake manifold spacer
have him get rid of that. it was dyno tested and it LOST HP. true story.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Someone else drove around open downpipe on earth day? Ha I had my cutout open all day as well!

Nice races cassies
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Someone else drove around open downpipe on earth day? Ha I had my cutout open all day as well!

Nice races cassies
Thanks, and yeah, I decided to do my part to help the enviroment!
Old 04-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Nice races!!

Why not just set the car on fire and be done with it?

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing