Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
Ghost186
AF Newbie

Suzuki Rice-Rocket vs. Mustang GT

My First Race!!!!! (And by race, I mean simulation- I don't wanna be in Musashi's position :-P)

I drive an '06 Mustang GT (all stock), and at my high school there's this sophomore that drives a really nice looking suzuki motorcycle. I'm not sure what model bike it is, since I'm not that into bikes and I didn't ask. Anyway! The first day that I drove to school was coincidentally the first day he rode his bike to school. Both of us gathered small crowds, and it was kind of a funny sight. We didn't really go talk to each other, and I got an inevitable-gunslinger-showdown vibe.

Well that was a couple weeks ago, and last thursday, I was leaving my school, and guess who's behind me? Suzuki boy (his name's Joe). He's doin a little leany thing as he weaves back and forth in the lane that actually looks really cool but oh well. If he falls he dies. Anyway! We get to a stop light and turn out onto the two lane highway, and because we were the first ones through the lights, there's no traffic immediately in front of us. He pulls up to pass me, and I throw him some revs while we're slowly speeding up (like 10 mph). He looks over, nods, and we both gun it.

His bike is screaming like nobody's business, and my Rpms are up at like 4,000 (It's auto, and I hadn't turned overdrive off. It's never gone above like 4500 rpms ever lol). After the slight right curve of the highway, he had started to pull past me, but only by inches. His body was in front of mine, but my hood was an inch or so in front of his bike. I feel like due to his inexperience (he's on his motorcycle permit and it's a dangerous situation for him) he didn't want to really open it up. I hadn't thought of how dangerous it really was until we went over a curving hill at 95ish and he was right next to me. Inattention? He'd be dead. Kinda scared me. But as soon as we broke over the hill, him in the lead by maybe a foot- a car was in his lane. He hit the brakes real quick (wow those bike's brakes work good haha 95-30 in about 40 feet). I, however- was in the other lane, so I did not feel the necessity to stop. I just passed the car to avoid the one in front of me, and went over another hill. Only problem?

THERE WERE 12 CARS LINED UP IN FRONT OF ME AT THE STOP LIGHT IN FRONT OF THE POLICE STATION. So what'd I do? Well, after realizing I couldn't stop in time, I pulled a Paul Walker. I crossed over the double yellow on this rush-hour highway and gassed it past the line of stopped cars to a medley of horn-fade-out noises (like on movies- the diminuendo.) Oncoming traffic wasn't in my lane, and when I got back into my lane I set the cruise control at 2 over the speed limit and just chilled lol. Joe pulled up next to me, and lifted his visor. I lowered my window and he was like, "Dude you're ******* crazy!!! I followed you through there and you are insane man!!! We have to hit a 1/4 mile!!!" I laughed, agreed, and said I'd let him know when I found a good private 1/4 mile stretch. We nodded, he put his helmet back on, and sped off.

Now we do the respectful nod when we pass in the halls (haha still kinda like gunslingers), and for good reason. That kid's got balls. We've also found a couple spots, and a lot more people are gonna be comin out to the races we're setting up. I'll try to get some videos for you guys (idk how good they'll be, there's mostly ok cars, and only a couple really nice ones- it is highschool after all).

I've been cruisin the forums for a while, and it feels good to finally be able to contribute. I hope this doesn't spark flaming, because despite the dangers, all ended well and the plan is to not race on busy roads anymore anyway. I've learned! For example- while I was driving to my friends house an Aston Martin passed me (DB9 I think?) on the highway. I almost hopped back on to catch him and try to race, but there was traffic. So I left him alone.

-Ghost
Old 04-09-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan
Re: Suzuki Rice-Rocket vs. Mustang GT

Guess what. Your second post (this) was dumber than your first. You just regressed. Congratulations, you prooved evolution wrong, because you de-evolved. You went backwards my friend. Fucking backwards. This post is so pointlessly stupid, I'm honestly contemplating contacting my lawyer and suing for the five minutes of my life lost to this idocy. Every single thing you said in this post makes me hate you. Hate. Not dislike. Not loathe. Not wish a pox upon thy house. It makes me hate you.

At least you can type in proper English and I could read your post. Brav-fucking-oh.

Welcome to AF.com street racing forum, a most wretched hive of scum and villainy. We tend to like new members. Except new members who are full of horseshit and fail. Your first post here was full of both. Try to make sure it doesn't happen again, and we'll all get along just fine. Ok?

Oh, and just a fair heads up: a blind monkey with no arms, a lobotmy, and syphilis could cut a low 11, high ten on a sport bike. It takes just about 550 wheel hp to be able to edge out a 600cc bike. Your Rustang does not have 550whp. Even if the rider was afraid of the sport bike, or afraid of the 'Stang mommy and daddy bought you, in its awesome glory, a quick half throttle twist would have put him significantly in front of you.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

What are you like 16 years old. New fast n furious movie comes out now we got people thinking its ok to drive like a moron through what sounds like heavy traffic...

no props 4 u...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 04-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Last I checked, not every single bike was 600cc+. There are many slower production bikes offered by Suzuki. Especially older models. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Old 04-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
red fish
AF Newbie

wow you beat beat some one on an old Suzuki moped congrats. gotta race you with my lawn tractor some time i got 15hp. but seriously you could get in major trouble racing like this and it's really dangerous.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivRacer95 View Post
Last I checked, not every single bike was 600cc+. There are many slower production bikes offered by Suzuki. Especially older models. Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think he was saying was the guys Mustang doesnt make enough power to even beat a 600 much less anything elese.

I think he just used 600cc because really how much smaller could it have been?

A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Gohan Ryu
AF Enthusiast

A high school kid driving a Mustang GT street racing against an inexperienced highschooler on a motorcycle. Thankfully your post is complete bullshit. But before you go out and try to make your unlikely fantasy a reality check this link:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/r...-crash-barnard

If you really do own a Mustang get some driving experience - going fast requires more skill than you think it does.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #8
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT

There are those bikes that are slower than the true super sport 600's. However, even a LOT of the bikes that are not true super sports would absolutely murder a stock GT. Even those older Honda F4's and what have you were still capable of running mid 11's stock. There are so very few sport bikes that you could beat it is not even really funny. Oh yeah, you drive like an idiot and I hope you get caught.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max

i don't even know where to start... so i'm just gonna pretend this thread doesn't exist and move along.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
Ghost186
AF Newbie

Guys I know the numbers. I made it clear that due to his owning his bike for a short while he probably didn't open it up like he could have. At 16 would you go full throttle on a motorcycle beside a car? I'm sorry but none of this is bull. If you want pictures then I can prove I own the car. If you want videos then idk wat to tell you. I'll try to get some. And as for fast and furious, though I liked the other three movies I haven't seen the new one and the goal is not to be like them. If you don't think it's possible that with me gpoing all out and him slowly accelerating in the outside lanes around turns that it couldn't be close- for all I know he was walking me on purpose the whole time. Idk. It was just a good story that I thought you guys would appreciate after listening to kills and deaths from here to kingdom come. It's not everyday you get any sort of race and this one was exciting for me.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
red fish
AF Newbie

I own a lambo
Old 04-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost186 View Post
Guys I know the numbers. I made it clear that due to his owning his bike for a short while he probably didn't open it up like he could have. At 16 would you go full throttle on a motorcycle beside a car? I'm sorry but none of this is bull. If you want pictures then I can prove I own the car. If you want videos then idk wat to tell you. I'll try to get some. And as for fast and furious, though I liked the other three movies I haven't seen the new one and the goal is not to be like them. If you don't think it's possible that with me gpoing all out and him slowly accelerating in the outside lanes around turns that it couldn't be close- for all I know he was walking me on purpose the whole time. Idk. It was just a good story that I thought you guys would appreciate after listening to kills and deaths from here to kingdom come. It's not everyday you get any sort of race and this one was exciting for me.
I am sorry to be the one to inform you since you obviously dont get it.

That was not a good story. It may have been a good story when you told it to your other pimple faced friendsbut here the story sucked on so many levels.

I doubt anyone is questioning the fact that your parents bought you a car that will probably get you killed in the end.

Mustangs are slow.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
lightbalt
AF Newbie

whew, tough crowd...
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #14
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Yes sir, they are. Some are inspiring me to whip out the banstick so they can cool off. One post of disbelief is one thing, but coming back to flame over and over again to try and sound funny or amusing is entirely pointless.

This thread will be closed. To the thread owner, make sure you have the facts/proof to back up your stories. Get a picture, video, anything to let anyone know you are an honest member.

As for weaving past traffic into oncoming lanes, don't do it ever again. Unsafe, unimaginable, and undeniably stupid. Think before you drive like that next time. That is all. Thread closed.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing