Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:19 PM   #1
RaWKeR21
AF Newbie

Help! Keeps telling me door is open!

Hi everyone! I searched around the forums, but couldnt find anything regarding this problem.

I have a 1986 Nissan 300zx and a few months back my car was broken into. They tried to rip the right side door handle off my car with no success. They actually ripped my corner window out instead to get in, which was a simple fix. The door opens fine and the handle works, but since then, the car repeatedly tells me "right door is open" when i hit any speed above like 10 mph, which is obviously quite annoying. I pulled the door paneling off and took a look inside, and noticed a sensor of some kind by the door handle has been broken. Im assuming thats where the problem lies, but I have no ability to fix that as of yet.

So Im curious, is there a fuse, or some way of essentially shutting my damn car up? haha. Ill take any temporary fix as of now, until i can fix that sensor and have it looked at. I appreciate all help in advance
RaWKeR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Re: Help! Keeps telling me door is open!

If it's just a button switch then tape it down. If there is no way to manually hold the switch in the "closed" position then get a check light or multimeter and figure out which wires do what and splice the wiring together to simulate a closed signal. A picture might help.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Broke_as_**** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #3
mwolvin
AF Regular

If the door is not hitting the switch, you can shim it with a small piece of wood, or bend the door back to where it's supposed to be.
mwolvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
DeleriousZ
AF Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to DeleriousZ

the sensor you're looking for is on the door frame of the car itself, located in the lower right hand corner if you're looking at the driver's door. it's a little rubber nub.

if you want to totally disable the voice module (bitching betty) it's located above the ecu in the passenger's side kick panel
ZedEx Crew Member #6
1988 300zx turbo 5spd. 3" mandrel exhaust, filter, afco rad, e-fan, poly engine mounts, mbc at 8.5 psi, turboxs rfl-h bov, gutted plenum, etc.

blown turbo, under construction.. gt35 coming.
DeleriousZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)