Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
gn1220
AF Regular

1968 Sport Fury 440, 4spd How rare?

Yesterday I found a '68 SF with a 440,4spd, Dana, buckets, console, etc. The car is complete with very little rust but it needs a lot of tlc. I'm having problems finding info about this car so I'm hoping you guys can help. I was told it is 1 of 19 or so built but I have no way to prove that. I think it would be a very cool car finished and if it is rare I would really like to save it. Please help a GM guy figure this Mopar mystery! Thanks.
gn1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 PM   #2
KManiac
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1968 Sport Fury 440, 4spd How rare?

The car that you described is indeed, very rare! I don't know the production figures and I don't know where to go to find them or if they even exist. The Fury was the full-sized Plymouth and the Sport Fury was the sporty model, full-size Plymouth, with bucket seats and console standard equipment. The 440 engine and 4-speed transmission were both options and I have a hunch someone special ordered this car.

A 4-speed transmission was available as an option in selected, full-size Chrysler products from 1964 through 1968. Stick shift cars of this size were built only by special order, either a sold-car ordered by a customer or a special order made by the dealer.

This car is definitely worth saving! I wish I knew where it was. Good luck with this and let us know what you do.

1962 Chrysler 300 2-door hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300-K convertible/1964 Chrysler Newport 4-door sedan/1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop with Firepower 390/2x1964 Chrysler 300-K hardtop/1964 Chrysler 300 convertible/1964 Chrysler "Silver 300-K" with factory 4-speed/1964 Chrysler New Yorker Salon/1980 Dodge D-50 Sport/1986 Lincoln Continental/1989 Honda Accord DX/1989 Lincoln Mark VII BB/1991 Dodge Shadow ES convertible
KManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
kar collecter
AF Newbie

Re: 1968 Sport Fury 440, 4spd How rare?

Hello,I have a 1968 Sport Fury with the Super Commando 440 375 Horse power Engine,It has the Factory 4-Speed. I have the build sheet,the dealers invoice,the window sticker,and owners manual with a plastic card in a pocket,which is Mopars version of Gms Protecto Plate.It has the correct fender tag under the hood,which matches everything on the build sheet,and dealers invoice.It is a strong #2 car.Thanks New Member kar collecter.
kar collecter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Fury/Gran Fury