Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Cusser
AF Regular

Frontier 1998 2.4 4-cylinder spark plug socket size

OK, dumb question, but it was getting dark. Somebody must know FOR SURE if the Frontier 1998 2.4 4-cylinder engine requires a special spark plug socket size. I do know my standard 13/16 spark plug socket is too large to even fit into the valve cover holes, and I wasn't getting my 5/8 inch spark plug socket to catch anything. Is there something in-between, or is my 5/8 wrench insert just hitting on the plug, preventing it from seating? No guess please, I'm sure someone knows for sure.
Cusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
Cusser
AF Regular

Re: Frontier 1998 2.4 4-cylinder spark plug socket size

OK, it is a 5/8 inch size spark plug socket, I first tested with a 5/8 inch deep socket. So I had to force the 5/8 inch spark plug socket (on a 6 inch extension) onto the end of the spark plug to remove it, I guess the hole in the rubber insert was too small. When re-installing, however, the socket remained stuck to the plug, so I had to unscrew the spark plug again to get the socket out. I used the traditional piece of rubber hose to get the plug threads started, then I could do final tightening with the plain old 5/8 inch deep socket. I guess I'll try to drill the hole in the spark plug socket a little larger, too bad I don't have a magnetic socket like I do for my 13/16 inch plugs.
Cusser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara