Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 08:36 PM   #1
CivicGirl
Banned

Differential Bearing

I am selling my car, I had a potential buyer take it to a mechanic today, and he said that the bearing in the differential is bad. He estimated it would take between $800 and $1000 to fix it, however, a friend of mine estimated about $300 to fix it. I wanted to get another opinion. I asked my boyfriend and he said he knew nothing about front wheel drive differential. SOOO, I was wanting to know what you guys thought! (Just a very lose estimate). I'm going to take it to another shop on Wednesday if I can and see what they have to say.

Any ideas would help
CivicGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:00 PM   #2
RedRocketGSR
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RedRocketGSR
If you can get it done for $300 then shit i would do it. That's probably the cheapest i've seen to fix that. Good luck tho.