Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #16
Murray B.
AF Regular

Re: Global warming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhobbeys
P.S. The alt fule I was talking about paint thinner..............Think about it..................
Well I did think about it an now I've got a headache.

Anyway doing something is infinitely better than doing nothing.

First thing that people over 45 can do is tell those under 45 that it was the mid-seventies cars that were the gutless gas guzzlers and not cars of the sixties. If enough people do this then it might start a real debate on the matter.

Another thing that could have an effect is to write to News sources and complain about the inaccuracy of "gas guzzlers of the sixties" articles. Letters to their advertizers might also help and even posts on these forums can help.

If we do all this and they still ignore us then it is their bad and not ours. Our obligation is to tell the truth and not to force anyone to believe it.

My '76 T-bird was so hard on gas that I literally crawled underneath to see if there was a hole in the tank. No leaks just 5 or, on a good day, 6 mpg and it was gutless besides. My '69 Wildcat got 12.5 and went like lightning. Who do these environmentalists think they are kidding?
Murray B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 11:12 AM   #17
SamBlob
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Hydrogen can never be made safe and alcohol can never be produced economically.
Not to mention that hydrogen can never be produced economically, not from water, anyway.

Carbon fuel (especially methane) from agricultural wastes might be an idea, especially with good fertilizer as a by-product.

Pity we can't collect the methane from those New Zealand sheep.

BTW, the "flatulence taxes" in New Zealand are being fought by an interest group called Farmers Against Ridiculous Taxes (FART). I was going to say that this is not a joke but, despite the fact that it is the truth, the group probably chose their name as a joke that would make sure people remember who they are and what they stand for...
SamBlob is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical