Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #16
dlphnfn
AF Regular

Re: 2002 Yamaha YZR500 Moto GP

Thanks guys!
I'd not considered opening it up because I hate adding wiring!
I used KA CF on the inner panels and on all the CF parts. AFAIK they only have 2 kinds - twill and weave. I used the weave on the inner panels as there is no real pattern to "match up".
I just ordered the Yamaha logos for the tank and some weld lines for the stand. I should have it wrapped up this weekend sans those parts. I'll add those early next week, then it should be done!
Erick --
Old 01-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #17
dlphnfn
AF Regular

I'm really close to having this one done. I finished up the exhaust last night. A little over the top, but pretty close to what I was looking for...

I wanted to try to replicate some heat staining with those bright gold welds. I ended up painting the whole thing Alclad duraluminum followed by some Alclad smoke, blue and red... Then I hit the welds with jet exhaust (a little wide), then chrome enamel, then clear orange.
Here is what I came up with.

Here it is installed.

I fugged up on the pipe decals and put them on the back sides. I must have been looking at reference pics upside-down or something... Still have to figure out what the hell I'm going to do about that.
See you in the Completed Section NEXT!
Erick --
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #18
gpz900ra7
AF Regular

Looking great.

If I may make a suggestion regarding the exhausts?

Give them a coat of Tamiya Smoke to tone them down a touch, just my .

Have you clearcoated the decals on the tail cans?

gpz900ra7.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #19
John18d
AF Enthusiast

Erick -I'm with gpz900 - tone the pipes down just a little with the X-19 or TS-71 smoke - don't use the AlClad smoke - it is a "blue" base- the Tamiya is a "black" base - other than than the pipes are beautiful and the first time - since I've done it - attempts to get the gold tones to come out. For me I used ModelMasters brass buff metalizer and I buffed it until I got those gold tones. The "gold" welds come from the "brazzing" that is done with "brass rod" - If you've already cleared over the pipes - I have one of these versions I was going to do differently - I can dig it out and send you the pipe decals if you need - let me know. Even if you don't do any wiring I think you should make a stand and leave the bodywork off. This YZR really is nice - did you use KA carbon decal A or B - maybe you mentioned it but what color was the "blue" on the bodywork - which company paint do you use? thanks - John
John18d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 AM   #20
YongGun Park

WOW. The muffler looks great. Congratulations.
YongGun Park is offline   Reply With Quote