Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
Khyron34
AF Newbie

I have brought a car with no MOT and no Tax. Can someone help me?

Hi,
My story is extremely bizarre but I am going to try and explain it as effectively as possible in hope I gain obtain the most advice needed. If anyone can help me I will be truly greatful.

I got tricked by my ex- girlfriend who said she would sell me a car. The car cost around £1,400. I had then paid for the car, it was "mine". The very next day I had found out she had stolen over £1,000 from my wardrobe. She had ALSO gone off with the car she had sold me for £1,400.
After much distress I contacted the local authorities in hope to obtain my car and my money. The police contacted me back saying they had found my car. They then delivered it to me.
At this present moment I am not driving so I had to get someone to transport the vehicle for me.
I now have the vehicle in my presence. I was told the MOT was due to run out, so I went to the garage. I paid the necassary charges and awaited the MOT results. The MOT failed. I had to pay roughly £800 to cover the cost of the repairs. The mechanic had told me the mileage is over 100,000. He also said the car was a "Death Trap". I was also adviced to change the tyres I got brand new ones for about £400. The vehicle was then delivered to my house by the mecanic.
However I have now found out the car is infacted still taxed in someone else's name. I have NO documentation for this car and I am completely clueless to what my possible steps are. I went to the post office to set up my car tax they declined. I have called up DVLA to ask what I need to do. They have told me to order a log book however it is to take weeks to receive. The vehicle is literally sitting outside my house. As i said, I can't drive at the moment. I have been taking some driving lessons however it is clearly going to take some time to be comfortable behind the wheel.
Khyron34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #2
Khyron34
AF Newbie

Re: I have brought a car with no MOT and no Tax. Can someone help me?

I would like to know if anyone knows;
why am not being allowed to set up my tax at the post office?
How long do you think it'll be until a civil enforcement officer will notice?
Even the my car is out the garage I was told it was a "death trap" - is is completely road worthy?

WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????????
The Following User Says Thank You to Khyron34 For This Useful Post:
markothemechanics (06-18-2016)
Old 05-11-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Khyron34
AF Newbie

Re: I have brought a car with no MOT and no Tax. Can someone help me?

When I called up to enquire about the tax they said "details not found" - what does this mean?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A