Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #1
I_haz_Nissan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to I_haz_Nissan
Pre-race jitters and checklist

Do any of you guys get jitters when you are about to run? Im sure others do, as I do, but just how many others.

To the main question, do any of you guys, run through a checklist before you run? or is it a pull up and race type thing? I almost feel stupid for asking this. Oh well....

PS - if i put this in the wrong section, i apologize.
I_haz_Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #2
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: Pre-race jitters and checklist

I haven't gotten the jitters in a long time.

And usually most races just happen, no time to check your car out. Although, it's good practice to do a once over on the car on a regular basis. Highly recommend checking your tire pressures.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
I_haz_Nissan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to I_haz_Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig- View Post
I haven't gotten the jitters in a long time.

And usually most races just happen, no time to check your car out. Although, it's good practice to do a once over on the car on a regular basis. Highly recommend checking your tire pressures.

Well, I havent done it a lot. Im sure in due time mine will go away. My truck doesn't have the "get-up" i want, but me being a sixteen year old male, my insurance is horrible as it is. My dad use to be big in the Tampa street racing sence, and he told me that it was ok with him, because i was going to do it anyway (yes, my dads AWESOME). He also said that when/if i blow my engine we will pull it and do it 60 over, oversized rings, flat-top pistons and redo thee bottom end. Oops, darn, got a little off my post there for a min. But Im looking for new rims/tires right now, but i check all my fluids and stuff everyday. Im just absent minded a good deal, so i was going to make a list before i went out. Id rather be safe then replacing something.
I_haz_Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

I usually do after a race, when the adrenaline starts to drain out...I say god damn adrenaline is better than blow...
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Only time I get jitters anymore is at the track if it's the first time I have gone in awhile and I am racing something that should be a close match. After that race is done my right knee has a habit of twitching, which makes it interesting to drive. That adrenaline pump is always fun. I check the tire pressure at the track before I race, and the fluids before we leave to head there.
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

I wouldnt call it jitters but on the street I get excited when I happen across a quick run. At the track I noticed I am very calm which helped my reation time alot. I was killing everyone out the hole...

Im calmer at the track because its a controlled enviroment and on the street I get my adrenaline rush from the illegal act more than anything. Theres a lot more to think about on the street.

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing