Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Engineering/Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 12:06 AM   #1
onesojourner
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to onesojourner
need more put you in your seat power

i have a 93 civic ex. it has 80000 miles on it now. i want more power im not going to use NO2 and im not going to go fi. i want my car to be reliable drivable and i want it to last like any other honda. and to maintain good mpg is also a pretty high priority. so what direction should i take i dont want to spend a huge amount of money on it i know all the bolt ons so what kind of internal work can be done to put me in my seat.
onesojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 06:43 AM   #2
VTECseoul
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VTECseoul
good luck...how fast you wanna go depends if you wanna spend the $$$; that's the name of the game. if you don't want NOS or turbo/SC, then you don't want speed/power.
Nitto 450 225/50
Prime Racing M8 17x7
S15 vs AE86 - 2006 HotWheels Touge
VTECseoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 08:06 AM   #3
SleeperTeg
AF Enthusiast

After the typical i/h/e you could throw on a more aggressive cam and adjustable cam gears. Cam should give you 4-10 hp depending on engine and set up. But like Seoul said, you are not going to see any serious power without either going FI or swapping for a better engine (ie - b18cX or and H22). But with just boltons and good tuning you should be able to net anywhere from 25-40 hp.

Hey Seoul - no 'fucking' bypass on your CAI...have you had any water probs or do you live in a dry area?
SleeperTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 12:21 AM   #4
civicx_xracer
AF Regular

I'm not trying to start anything but you are totally contradicting yourself. You say you want more power but won't go FI. You say you want it 2 be faster but don't want to spend a lot of $$$. Make a choice then. if you want to work on your internals then as mentioned you could get a cam shaft, total seal piston rings, and put a larger head gasket on to up your compression. But don't think you're gonna be bustin' 12's with that. Port and polish always works nice. Mil the head and a 5 angle valve grind. Port match your intake...getting any ideas yet. just don't think for a minute that you can do any of these without $$$ and knowledge.
civicx_xracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 02:00 AM   #5
kane2g
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to kane2g
Quote:
put a larger head gasket on to up your compression
larger head gasket?? you mean thicker? if so, how does that up you CR? if anything it will lower it.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:55 PM   #6
luti
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to luti
Quote:
larger head gasket?? you mean thicker? if so, how does that up you CR? if anything it will lower it.
Thats what I thought. Thinner gasket should raise compression by shrinking the actual room in the chamber.
luti is offline   Reply With Quote