Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Sidekick
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
Lord_GalAthon
AF Newbie

'97 JX convertible for sale.

It's that time, after loving it to death and defending it against sleet, rain and detractors, my lower back pains finally convinced me to part with it.

Here are the specs:

'97 Sidekick JX Convertible (Soft top), Fuschia (the only manly purple...) original paint (except the rear bumper, see below) and vinyl roof in good condition. Very little rust, surface only on tiny paint chips and mostly on the hood. It's been sprayed with oil based rust protectant every year but last.

Black and gray interior, cloth and vinyl seats.

120000Km (that's about 75000 miles) , std 5 spd, 4x4 transfer case with 4x4 low gear range, 1.6l 16 Valve SOHC, synthetic oil since 2000, timing belt, water pump and oil pump changed at 104000Km (about 65000 miles). Brake pads, discs, calipers, drums and shoes changed in May this year. Catalytic converter changed in June. Clutch engages very well and the interior is in excellent condition, no fade or rips in the seats. It has a full size spare, new Good Year Wrangler tyre, on an alloy wheel matching the rest of the wheels. It's the original spare and was never needed.

I get about 8.11l / 100km combined according to the stats in my palmpilot which make it a less then ideal highway vehicle, it happily revs a high 4K @ 110km/h in 5th gear.

AM/FM/CD/MP3 200W radio with 4 speakers including 6"x9" three ways in the back fenders. (not common on this type of vehicle as most have two 4" dash mounted speakers only.) Engine cut-off switch.

It has 15" alloy wheels with Dunlop Rover ATs for the three favourite seasons and aggressive winter tyres (magna-grips) with only 5000Km on them for the remaining season. The winters date to last January.

The rear bumper was repainted last fall because of scratches it received from a Cadillac driven by a lady in a parking lot. Other than that it was never accidented.

The muffler will need to be replaced, the estimate I've gotten for an after market is of 150$. Also the windshield has a crack that was repaired in 2003, however a round (Oeil de boeuf) crack sized like a 1$ coin plagued me last winter when a tractor trailer tossed a pebble my way. This is not repairable and although not necessary, the windshield might want to be replaced. The quote I've gotten for a used one installed is of 350$. This round crack has been looked at by Du-Ro in Dorion and they assured me it would not crack any further unless it's hit again, it's visible from the outside and from the passenger seat, but it cannot be seen from the driver as it's behind the rear-view mirroir.

The allow wheels have some oxydizing on them but do not leak any air. I am in Ile Perrot (Quebec, near Montreal, Canada). All the $ quotes are in Canadian$$.

The redbook value is high, 7000$CDN but I'm asking 5500$CDN or best offer.

-LG
Lord_GalAthon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Sidekick