Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 05:43 AM   #1
demotim00
AF Regular

Question a/c temperature on 2006 Grand Caravan SXT

I have a 2006 Grand Caravan SXT with the 3.8L in it. I just recently got the a/c working in it from when I bought the van back in October. The dealer had it fixed for free as agreed upon when I purchased it. The air does blow cold, however on a 85 degree day, the thermometer inserted in the middle air vent while on max air shows the temperature down to 60 degrees. My parents own a 2006 Town & Country and their air w/ the thermometer gets to 45-50 degrees when on max air. Is it normal for the air to only reach 60 degrees or should it reach colder temps? The dealer claimed it should be around 64 degrees.
demotim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
RIP
AF -Advisor

Re: a/c temperature on 2006 Grand Caravan SXT

Everything I've ever seen on the subject says the temp inside the van measured at the front vents on high max should be a minimum of 30 deg F cooler than the ambient outside air temp. Sounds like you're a tad warm.

07 Fusion / 06 RAV4 / 06 Accord / 96 Gr Caravan
RIP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager